KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have been dealing with a no start issue on my 08 kfx450. Here's what I know so far. When you turn the key on the fuel pump primes, when I hit the start button it will crank over fine and the fuel injector is pulsing but I'm not getting any spark out of the coil until I let off the start button. when I let off I will get a spark or 2. Here is what I have check so far. All 3 fuses are good and have power with the key on and while cranking. power going to the ecu on pin 13 and 29 is good with key on. ground going to the ecu on pin 21 and 25 is good. ecu is a procom aftermarket ecu. y/r wire to coil has power with key on and cranking. bl/w wire on coil will only pulse when I let off the start button. both coil wires have been checked for shorts to power/ground and correct resistance. crankshaft sensor is sending out about 2.3 vac while cranking and both wires have been check for shorts to power/ground and correct resistance. when grounding the o/bk diag wire to the ecu I do not get an FI light flash but this has been the case since well before it would not start. roll over sensor is sending 3.98 in the correct mounting and .59 when flipped. all wires from ecu to roll over sensor have been check for shorts to power/ground and correct resistance. light blue and br/bk 5v ref wires are good to all sensors. quad also have a kick starter and still has the same problem when kick starting. The stator/crank sensor has been replaced 3 times now. Main ground is clean and tight. battery terminals are clean and tight. Someone please help me out. I'm running out of ideas.

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
Ok...

First...The Procom doesn't have the self-diagnostic circuit for checking for error codes...!

Do you have a stock Kawi ECU that you can hook up to see if you have spark & to check for DFI error codes with...???

Have you tried any of the other Procom maps to see if you have spark...!

What's your battery's voltage ...12.8 volt full charge standard...!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That explains why the test port never worked lol. The procom is the only ecu I have. changing the maps did not effect the spark issue. battery is at 12.5 with key on and 11.6 when cranking.

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
That explains why the test port never worked lol. The procom is the only ecu I have. changing the maps did not effect the spark issue. battery is at 12.5 with key on and 11.6 when cranking.
You might have a bad procom ECU that's shorting out your crank sensor...The crank sensor generates 3v max...& you have gone through 3...

I blew mine when I shorted out my ECU, crank sensor & injector nozzle having a bad tethered kill switch 7 years ago...So it's possible the Procom shorted...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts