KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I received my Kawasaki TPS adapter part# 57001-1538 today. I also have a Fluke 117 multimeter voltage tester. I've installed my NoLoss throttle body and now I have a few questions regarding the procedure on properly adjusting the TPS. First does the bike need to be running when making the adjustments. Second the adapter has 3 wires but my meter only has 2 leads? So which wires do I use and what do I do with the third wire? And finally when I make the initial test to get the .5 volts is the bike running or is the key just in the on position?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,850 Posts
Ok I received my Kawasaki TPS adapter part# 57001-1538 today. I also have a Fluke 117 multimeter voltage tester. I've installed my NoLoss throttle body and now I have a few questions regarding the procedure on properly adjusting the TPS. First does the bike need to be running when making the adjustments. Second the adapter has 3 wires but my meter only has 2 leads? So which wires do I use and what do I do with the third wire? And finally when I make the initial test to get the .5 volts is the bike running or is the key just in the on position?
only the key is turned on, the bike doesn't need to be running...!

it needs to be between 0.58~0.62 DC volts, some here set there's to 0.64 DCV

See pic for instructions...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts