KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this atv knowing it had a oil leak and I was told it needed a new crush washer. After winter I finally have time to work on it and I found a little job has turned into a nightmare. The case has already been tapped to 14x1.5 and it is not straight. I was wondering if I should just put a bung on it and what size I should use. I really want to ride now that work is slower, so should I silicon or rvt or reflect n tape for now? Maybe I could use the thumb or big toe I’m about to go collect.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Use a time sert. Steel insert.

People often over tighten them

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem is I can literally see a very tiny gap on the new crush washer. I will helicoil or time Sert if it will work I just didn’t think it would with it not being straight.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will check it tonight but after staring at it for awhile it looks like the bolt is beat up some so the gap could be from that. I am just freaking a little because we have a ride planned for part of my vacation and I don’t want to ride a Polaris trailblazer 250 around because my friends will see me and loose respect lol and the chicks don’t dig trailblazers.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
If it’s just for weekend...put some rtv on the crush washer asking surface

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you I will do the rvt and then get a bung welded up. I think I will really like this quad when I get all the gremlins chased out of it. It’s like my wife loud, takes my money, keeps me up at night wondering what the hell I did wrong. Lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts