KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I rolled my kfx and ever since then I can't get it to run. This is what I have done to it so far.
-new fuel pump relay
-new procom ecu
-new main 30 amp fuse
-new roll over sensor delete

I did get it to start and run. Then while I was putting the front hood on some wires must have moved and now I can't get the fuel pump to kick on. I did jump the fuel pump to make sure it wasn't bad. The fuel pump did come on when i jumped it. I've been messing around with it for weeks now and can't figure it out. Im not getting power to the fuel pump connector. I do have power from the fuel pump fuse to the relay but nothing beyond that.

·
Super Moderator
9,850 Posts
So I rolled my kfx and ever since then I can't get it to run. This is what I have done to it so far.
-new fuel pump relay
-new procom ecu
-new main 30 amp fuse
-new roll over sensor delete

I did get it to start and run. Then while I was putting the front hood on some wires must have moved and now I can't get the fuel pump to kick on. I did jump the fuel pump to make sure it wasn't bad. The fuel pump did come on when i jumped it. I've been messing around with it for weeks now and can't figure it out. Im not getting power to the fuel pump connector. I do have power from the fuel pump fuse to the relay but nothing beyond that.
Here's the schematic see picture...

Check the (handlebar starter button/head light wire harness) to where it connect to the main wiring harness...

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Check the (handlebar starter button/head light wire harness) to where it connect to the main wiring harness...

What am I checking for when doing this? How do I know if the kill swictch is bad?

·
Super Moderator
9,850 Posts
What am I checking for when doing this? How do I know if the kill swictch is bad?
Follow the wires from the handlebar assembly to where it plugs into the main harness...sometime it dis-connects/dirty or wet...see picture

And check if you have power on the Y/R wire at the starter switch that feeds the Fuel pump relay & ignition coil...

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm sorry, but if you don't know how to follow a wiring diagram, and have to ask what wires should I check, you need to take your quad to the dealer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know how to follow it. It was a question as to what wire I was checking power. And I figured it out DUDE

1 - 12 of 12 Posts