KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 kfx 450r I just put in a new battery. When i turn the key i get nothing i don’t hear the fuel pump or the lights on the dash don’t turn on. I Changed the main fuse too

·
Super Moderator
9,617 Posts
Welcome to the Forum....!!!

Just to make sure?..The main fuse is the 30 amp at the starter solenoid...see pic
If yes...Is the battery fully charged to 12.8v standard...??

Double check your grounds...Main next to the starter...Harness ground is under the seat fuel tank mounts...

Do you have battery voltage on the White & Brown wire...Both sides of the key switch...???

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

1. Welcome to the Forum....!!!

Just to make sure?..The main fuse is the 30 amp at the starter solenoid...see pic
    If yes...Is the battery fully charged to 12.8v standard...??

Double check your grounds...Main next to the starter...Harness ground is under the seat fuel tank mounts...

Do you have battery voltage on the White & Brown wire...Both sides of the key switch...???
    Fuse is good and grounds are good and battery is charged. I get less then a volt from the brown and white wires coming from the harness it’s self. How would i check the other side of the key switch?

·
Super Moderator
9,617 Posts

1. Fuse is good and grounds are good and battery is charged. I get less then a volt from the brown and white wires coming from the harness it’s self. How would i check the other side of the key switch?
White wire from the battery feeds the starter solenoid then it feeds the key switch then the brown wire feeds the start/stop/starter button on the handlebar...
follow the harness wire from the handlebar to where it plugs into the main wiring harness...sometime it comes apart there..??

Here's a color coded schematic it should help..see picture

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts