KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 kfx450 and I also bought one for my gf we were riding yesterday and her quad died killed all power to dash lights headlights everything I took it to my shop late last night and did some trouble shooting all fuses are good I put my ignition switch on same thing no power also tried my ecu same thing no change I'm narrowing it down to possibly the starter relay?going to swap mine over today and try that is it possible the hmf fuel controller is faulty and cause this as it was kinda surging at idle before it died ? any advice will help thank you

·
Super Moderator
9,627 Posts
Welcome to the Forum...!!!!

No power to the lights...Possible the handlebar control electrical harness unplugged it's self from the main electrical harness...?

Try following the wires from the light switch/starter button to where it connects into the main harness under the hood...?

Also check the contacts for moister/corrosion of the main harness that connect into the starter relay/30 amp fuse block...? see picture below

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured it out the starter relay was faulty put one in from my other quad everything works !! When I shake the faulty relay it rattles

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured it out the starter relay was faulty put one in from my other quad everything works !! When I shake the faulty relay it rattles
btw I'm a certified HD and auto as well as off road HD mechanic here in Canada just not familiar with these quads as I just purchased 2 one for me one for my gf a month ago but got it figured out

·
Registered
2 Posts
You saved my life dude! I had the same trouble with my car last night. Sure enough the ignition switch was bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts