KFX 450 HQ Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have owned plenty of TRX and YFZ's, got some time on the LTR's too, and just got my first KFX450R. I put a starter in one for a friend of mine, took it for a ride afterwards, and decided that I needed my own. Just picked up an 08 last night for $2200 with the title, needs some love but that's half the fun. Already spent a few hours on here reading. I'm really looking forward to fixing the parts I don't like, and getting it A1. It's all stock with nerf bars, and the baffle is missing from the stock silencer. Plan is to restore it to OEM looks and power level, also use it to get my girlfriend to graduate from her 300ex.

Thanks in advance for all the resources, knowledge, and support that I know I'll find here. Forums like this are a great wealth of information. Sad they're dying off in favor of Facebook.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
The search button in the FB groups isn't too bad if you just type in key words and not questions. Like you, I miss the forums it's a lot more organized.

I wouldn't restore it to OEM power levels... I'd grab an intake, exhaust, controller, and a set of camshafts and call it a day in the power department. Shocks, stabilizer, and a wider stance will be a game changer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The search button in the FB groups isn't too bad if you just type in key words and not questions. Like you, I miss the forums it's a lot more organized.

I wouldn't restore it to OEM power levels... I'd grab an intake, exhaust, controller, and a set of camshafts and call it a day in the power department. Shocks, stabilizer, and a wider stance will be a game changer.
Thanks for the reply KB. It's just not the same as the forums. I don't even have a Facebook account anyway. I'm going to try and get my girlfriend off of her 300ex and onto the KFX, so this is going to stay OEM power levels for now. I don't want her to end up gun shy lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Realistically speaking, burn-in does not exist. People used measuring rigs to test for changes in sound and in the best case scenario, the differences were within the margin of error. Most of the time, it's the user getting used to the sound signature to the headphone. I experience this every time I switch between different cans.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts