KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello everyone, got me a 2009 450r Monster Energy Edition about 2 months ago and came a cross this great site. So far i got Houser full Nerf Bars with heal guards. Renthal Bars, FMF Q4 with FMF Power Bomb Header, Twin Air, Air Filter. Im currently working on doing the LTR Intake tube with the stock air box. So we will see how it goes, lol. If anyone has any tips please let me know, i did see the post on here with photos but it wasnt with the stock airbox.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! i m pretty sure that the ltr intake will bolt up pretty close if you need anymore help just ask. Lots of help on here

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi All,

I'm new to this particular forum and quad but have had many other prior to this, so far I'm loving the KFX... Starting the next round of mods next week including FCI intake, Dasa exhaust and the PCV. Doing the plug, oil change and Dynatec coil at the same time before sending it over to be dialed in on the FCI dyno. Any other first issues I should look at on these?

There is a wealth of knowledge on this site and I can only imagine how much time I will spend on here doing research.... Thanks for the great resource!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi im jack and i just recently purchased a kfx 450 in december. I have an ltr as well. I am currently looking at exhaust for the quad and I was wondering if I could match a powerbomb header with a dasa muffler does anyone know. I have hmf on my 400 and yosh on the ltr. I want the dasa exhaust for sure I was just wondering if I could run the combo and maybe get a little more top end pull out of it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
no the dasa is a three piece pipe where the fmf stuff is just like factory but you can put any other slipon on your power bomb.

by the way welcome to the site

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello from Germany;
I just bought a KFX 450R this afternoon. It's a second hand really well maintained. I'm sure i will enjoy my purchase.
It's my first quad. I always ride bike since I am 16 years old….I am 58!!!
So i would a quad for ride in winter instead of the bike. Here in Rheinland-Pfalz it's always iced and snowed up.
I work also in a farm with many horses. It will help to go to feed them in the fields!

So I am please to join the forum.
As we say here
Vielen Grüβen

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Welcome to the forum Possolito

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi from Texas! New to this site I just recently acquired a 2004 Kawasaki KFX 400 nothing fancy and probably will have tons of questions so please bear with me! Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
new to the forum scene, dont quite know how all this works. my main goal is to get my 08 better set up for cross country racing. i race hare scrambles in oklahoma for the past few years. got some basic mods done but need to do some work on suspension. plus finding a better tune for my controller would help to. thanks!!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
If you go with an fci intake you will pick up probably 5+ horsepower. Message bcheek1 he might have a map for you.

If you want to get your stock shocks revalved and add some dual rate springs check out monster performance.

And welcome!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought a lime green 2009 KFX 450R this week! It has a HMF Performance series exhaust and programmer, Rekluse clutch, Tusk grab bar, bumper, nerf bars, and flex handlebars. It has stock original tires and looks brand new. Got to say i'm pretty excited!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
New guy needing help

Hello I'm new here, I'm from Missouri and recently purchased a 2009 monster edition KFX 450r. I thought I purchased this bike for a very good price because it had a few issues I thought would be an easy fix. To start the front end felt very loose so I bought a rebuild kit which included new seals and greese along with ball joints, then a new clutch and Changed the oil along with 110$ of factory nuts and bolts.
Sorry about the rambling I will get to the point. This thing cuts out very badly at half throttle under a load. I took apart and cleaned the fuel pump yesterday then the starter went bad before I could run it. Now I'm on hold until the new starter comes in.
The mods are full exhaust, valves, intake and supposedly a downloaded tune to the ecu. I'm really trying to avoid taking this to the shop so any help would be great. I have been researching this problem for almost a month now. It's really bumming me out as this was my son christmas present and he can't even ride it.

61 - 80 of 83 Posts