KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey all. names pat just got a used 08 special edition! had a kx 85, kx125, kfx400 and now the 450! lookn forward to meeting some of yall!

·
Registered
402 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Welcome to the forum guys! There's a lot of informative people here that are always willing to help out with whatever it may be.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone. Just got an 08 kfx450r all stock, According to the seller it has less than 10hrs, and it looks like it. Just changed the oil and filter tonight. I'm going to inspect and clean air filter tomorrow. Not sure if its a throw away filter or a reusable like a k&n. I'm sure its the original as I'm pretty sure the oil and filter were original I'd like to find a owners and service manual just so I can get to know the quad a little better as this site has done some already. Thanks for the hospitality and I look towards all the things I can learn from this site in the future

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello everyone!!! I got a 08 kfx450 bout a month ago it came with dmc dual full exhaust nerf bars ect.... ive already installed a power commander and so far i love it. I trail ride and do the occasional harescramble gonna upgrade suspension next any tips on setting up the stock stuff for the time being would be much appreciated its a bit too rough at low speed now....thanks and looking forward to learning as much as i can from ur site.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone! Just joined. I recently purchased a new 2013 KFX450R. Am fairly new to riding, only ridden others' bikes. Only been on a couple rides to break in the motor so far, but having a blast. Also, just purchased from KB (based on a lot of information found here) HMF Competition Slip On, FCI Intake and a Two Brothers Juice Box Pro. Hopefully I can find the time to install this week. I will need some help from y'all in getting the right map. Talk to you soon.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Hello everyone! Just joined. I recently purchased a new 2013 KFX450R. Am fairly new to riding, only ridden others' bikes. Only been on a couple rides to break in the motor so far, but having a blast. Also, just purchased from KB (based on a lot of information found here) HMF Competition Slip On, FCI Intake and a Two Brothers Juice Box Pro. Hopefully I can find the time to install this week. I will need some help from y'all in getting the right map. Talk to you soon.
Welcome to the forum!

bcheek1 will have a map for you.

Check his thread: http://www.kfx450hq.com/forums/dyno-tuning-room/15520-maps.html

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello im from Portugal and i bought a 09 kfx 450r green. for now i only put xrw q1 nerfs and full skid plates. my next step will be to buy a full yoshi or pro circuit exaust, fci or k&n intake w/box and pcv. what i need is a good map for this setup, and i cant find it yet, so maybe you guys can help me? thaks :)

sorry for my bad english :p

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I would definitely go with the Yoshi & the fci if you get the pro circuit & the K&N you will end up regretting it later when your trying to sell it to buy a Yoshi & FCI. lol

anyhow welcome to the forum and enjoy the quad.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Picked up a 12 450R 3 weeks ago. New left over, after 6 hours the waterpump weep hole started pissing antifreeze. Called Kawasaki and they extended the warranty out 6 months for me. Just got her back last night. Stationed at Ft Drum, NY Looking to get into GNCC at unadilla on 7 Sept.

·
Registered
37 Posts
hello everyone my name is john ive owned every sport quad made and and now im a proud owner of a 2008 kfx 450 i traded my 2009 ktm 450 sx for it im hoping not to be let down by the kfx i also have a 2007 trx 450 both bikes are race ready for mx i havent even rode the kfx on track yet and ive taking bike down to bare frame to powder coat it if anyone needs any powder coating done let me know pic will be up soon also i have a question about pay pal if i wanted to buy parts off forum how does that work any information would be greatly appreciated thanks guys have a great day

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well where do I start? I grew up in Utah being a Yamaha fan. Yes, a Yamaha fan. I've driven a few Suzuki quads, nothing special, and went throughout most of my adult life remembering those occasional rides with friends, as we do when we get a chance to get together and have a beer or 10 . Lol Did the marriage thing for 21 years, and the divorce thing, and yadda yadda yadda.
Then came this awesome man that is my boyfriend and is still with me, who re-introduced me to riding, but not the mountain style I was used to. Sand dunes was this guys flavor, and lots of it. He rides a kfx450, and had a polaris predator at the time. Most of the times, I was the Bitch on the back if you will. Lol
Yadda yadda yadda, he got rid of the predator, and replaced it with another kfx450.
I got the first single ride before the kiddo got it. It was love at first ride! I told him I no longer want a Yamaha, this is the quad for me! Fully stock. After a week or two, he landed a good deal on a race kfx with long travel, a recluse clutch, and flex handlebars. After he gutted it, and took what he wanted off it, which was the long travel, it was handed over to me. Yay! We have been making every effort to go riding every chance we get, so yes, I'm hooked on kfx450's and loving every bit of it! The End...For now ;-) Anything else you want to know, ask away.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Well where do I start? I grew up in Utah being a Yamaha fan. Yes, a Yamaha fan. I've driven a few Suzuki quads, nothing special, and went throughout most of my adult life remembering those occasional rides with friends, as we do when we get a chance to get together and have a beer or 10 . Lol Did the marriage thing for 21 years, and the divorce thing, and yadda yadda yadda.
Then came this this awesome man that is my boyfriend and is still with me, who re-introduced me to riding, but not the mountain style I was used to. Sand dunes was this guys flavor, and lots of it. He rides a kfx450, and had a polaris predator at the time. Most of the times, I was the Bitch on the back if you will. Lol
Yadda yadda yadda, he got rid of the predator, and replaced it with another kfx450.
I got the first single ride before the kiddo got it. It was love at first ride! I told him I no longer want a Yamaha, this is the quad for me! Fully stock. After a week or two, he landed a good deal on a race kfx with long travel, a recluse clutch, and flex handlebars. After he gutted it, and took what he wanted off it, which was the long travel, it was handed over to me. Yay! We have been making every effort to go riding every chance we get, so yes, I'm hooked on kfx450's and loving every bit of it! The End...For now ;-) Anything else you want to know, ask away.
I hope you are calling the machine an ugly duckling!!! Chicks that ride are HOT :devilol:

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
welcome to the forum. I have a feeling you will be kicking his A$$ and taking the long travel arms and shocks back from him b4 long. our stock suspension sucks. the shocks and arms are wrong on this quad. the shocks are too stiff and the arm's have too much caster and way too much camber. but anyhow welcome to the site. There it a lot of good people and a unlimited amount of good information about the kfx on this site I hope you enjoy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
utkfx450, if you are talking about a burned leg from the exhaust and fan, then yes I am hot. Lol
Prityboy69, thanks for the warm welcome. I have the quadtech seat that was left on the bike, without that, I'd probably be sitting home instead of running the sand bowls and trail whoops we often ride. I guess you could say he saved my arse! Lol I'm happy that he's got what he's wanted for quite some time, and pleased that he involves me in his favorite hobby, or way of life, take your pick. Now if only I didn't have to eat his dust! Lol!
I hope to visit here often, and I look forward to the friendly knowledge this forum can provide.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi
I just purchased a 09 kfx450r se monster and I am looking for any information on these quads. Problems, things that should be fixed and maintance that should be done. I've been out of this sport for around 10 years now and previous rode mostly track or sand. I've had all different type of bikes and quads. They were mostly 2 stroke Banshee's or yz250's. This is my first 4 stroke and fuel injected quad. Any help on improvements or necessary changes to this quad would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Robert

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello everybody, I Amro from Saudi Arabia. I am proud having 2010 kfx450r and proud too as a member of the kfx450hq.com. I hope that I can add something helpful to valued members.

Thannks

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had my banshee for a year and got tired of fixing it especially when it broke down a week before my dunes trip. So I got a deal on a 12 kfx 450, put it on the trailer and off we went. Had no regrets ditching the banshee.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts