KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got my 09 KFX 450r monster edition a few months ago. It's basically stock except for changing out the tires to new maxxis tires. Live and ride here in Colorado.

·
Registered
81 Posts
hello, i'm from western ny purchased my kfx450r this past october and have been reading up on this website for upgrades and technical info.love the atv and this site.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey I just bought a 08 kfx 450 with the monster graphics and I want to put HIDS in it does anyone know a good site to find them on the guy before me took out the lights and housing and didn't have them

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey guys newbie hir. hope u can help me im having a problem on my kfx 450r 07 i bought this second hand.. it runs well for a few months but after a long trail we had. it strarts to stalls especially when its half full throttle. there's no engine code.. i had the fuel pump cleaned, fuel injector and the wires checked but still no progress.. :confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey, I'm 15, I got my 09 KFX 450r last year, it was originally for my mom but she ended up not liking it, so i sold my 125cc Yamaha dirt bike and taking the wheeler, now she rides an 09 Suzuki 400. i don't have anything in the engine yet, i just need to get a job then im racing it next year, the only thing i have is pro armor fat pegs Nerf bars and they are fantastic

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi my name is chet, I am a drag racer with a twin turbo'd 1970 trans am (clone). I recently bought a 08 450r to go riding with my kids. So far i love it! I would like to add some mod's to it. It already has a yosh titainium exhaust system and Yosh pim-2 with AC nerfs. I would like to ad an fci intake and procom ecu.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi! My name os Fábio and i am from Portugal..i am waiting to receive my kfx from the dealership!
Hope to learn with you guys :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
New guy here. bought a 2008 kfx 450r like new maybe 10 hours total. My son and I are long time Zuki lt250r fans and have had 3 of them over the years, ride a while sell it and buy another cheap and rebuild to back stock ride and sell. We happened onto a Raptor 660 and liked the power but not the poor reliability, so we sold it and added money to it to get this kfx 450r. It's black with the tribal art thing going on. It sure could use a set of ITP machined wheels though. It seems pretty fast about as fast as our lt250r's we had but more low end which is nice for trail riding. We have a small farm and ride here and on friends farms.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone here at KFX450HQ.com. I just bought a green 08 kfx450r about a week ago. It has a motoworks slip-on on it now and am looking at just buying the drd head pipe. wondering if they will go together and fit properly. also im debating on going with either the barker, sparks, or dasa full exhaust. If anyone knows id like to know how these exhaust compare adgainst one another. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I just recently traded my 400ex for a 2008 KFX 450r and I love it!

Its got Renthal Fat Bars, Pro Armor Bumper, Pro Armor Nerf Bars, AC Grab Bar, SS Rims, Maxxis Razr II's, One Industries Monster Graphics Kit, One Industries Grip Seat Cover, K&N Air Filter and a Yoshimura Slip on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New

Hey guys, im new to the forum and new to the KFX450.
Recently bought an 09 KFX. Absolutely love it. Was 100% bone stock. Had maybe 10 hours on it.. I just bolted up a Full FMF exhuast, i.e Mega bomb header and powercore 4 silencer. And also installed the matching FMF fuel programmer. Planning on a FCI intake but for now only have the airbox lid removed and a new filter. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what some base line settings would be for my programmer with my current setup or maybe someone has the same setup on theres and could tell me how there running. Currently ive got some backfiring after giving it some fuel from idle and letting off.. soon as i let off it backfires. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
880 Posts
New guy in Oklahoma

I got a kfx450r with electrical gremlins last night. I am excited to have efi and a bit more hp. Live at Fry Lake near Seminole OK. It is rocky here and I ride woods. I plan to set it up with 12" wheels and 25" tires like my kfx400 after I get the electrical system ironed out.
I recently switched back to quads after being on bikes for years. I have lot of miles racing quads but it we were on blasters,banshees etc when I got out. The quad I liked the best before I quit, was a tricked out 300ex I rode in baja. The 400 ex didn't exist at the time. I look at the fuel injected 450 with aluminum frame in the garage and wow, they have come a long ways! I fell in love with fuel injection on bikes and so I think this project bike will be a great fit for me. I weigh 145 lbs, so although the suspension feels a lot better than the stock kfx400 did, I will still need to soften it up more.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I got a kfx450r with electrical gremlins last night. I am excited to have efi and a bit more hp. Live at Fry Lake near Seminole OK. It is rocky here and I ride woods. I plan to set it up with 12" wheels and 25" tires like my kfx400 after I get the electrical system ironed out.
I recently switched back to quads after being on bikes for years. I have lot of miles racing quads but it we were on blasters,banshees etc when I got out. The quad I liked the best before I quit, was a tricked out 300ex I rode in baja. The 400 ex didn't exist at the time. I look at the fuel injected 450 with aluminum frame in the garage and wow, they have come a long ways! I fell in love with fuel injection on bikes and so I think this project bike will be a great fit for me. I weigh 145 lbs, so although the suspension feels a lot better than the stock kfx400 did, I will still need to soften it up more.
12" wheels and 25" tires. Holy cow.

21 - 40 of 83 Posts