KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I'm a new owner as of about 1 month ago. I use to have a 660 raptor and quadzilla about 10 years ago. My brother in-law picked up a Honda Talon and a Can Am Maverick which gave me the bug to go riding again. We've been riding the coal hills and rocky terrain in the middle of PA.

My possible issue is that 3 of the 4 times i've been out, the fan comes on as expected...... when we are idling after riding a stretch or when I just shut it down after a couple hour ride. Last weekend however, I did not notice it come on once. I kept waiting and it never did. It was raining, and there was a good amount of standing water that i had to go through (never to the point where it was above the tires..maybe 1/2 way). But we were riding pretty hard until the rain picked up. It never showed a light that it was overheating or anything and seemed to ride just fine with all the power I was used to from the other 3 rides.

As far as I can tell the power modifications are:
open air box with uni filter
hmf slip on with programmer (haven't touched this)
and too many Monster stickers... need to tone this down a little lol.

Am I right to think that it's impossible for the fan not to come on for the whole ride? Outside temp was about 40-48 degrees and raining... Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
9,936 Posts
Hello all! I'm a new owner as of about 1 month ago. I use to have a 660 raptor and quadzilla about 10 years ago. My brother in-law picked up a Honda Talon and a Can Am Maverick which gave me the bug to go riding again. We've been riding the coal hills and rocky terrain in the middle of PA.

My possible issue is that 3 of the 4 times i've been out, the fan comes on as expected...... when we are idling after riding a stretch or when I just shut it down after a couple hour ride. Last weekend however, I did not notice it come on once. I kept waiting and it never did. It was raining, and there was a good amount of standing water that i had to go through (never to the point where it was above the tires..maybe 1/2 way). But we were riding pretty hard until the rain picked up. It never showed a light that it was overheating or anything and seemed to ride just fine with all the power I was used to from the other 3 rides.

As far as I can tell the power modifications are:
open air box with uni filter
hmf slip on with programmer (haven't touched this)
and too many Monster stickers... need to tone this down a little lol.

Am I right to think that it's impossible for the fan not to come on for the whole ride? Outside temp was about 40-48 degrees and raining... Thanks!!
View attachment 28602
You can test the fan by disconnecting the water temp sensor & turn the key ON..see pic to know location...

The fan comes on around 205℉ and turns off @ 190 ℉..It's possible your motor doesn't get hot enough to come on...But check the 10amp fuse & fan relay to be good...See pic

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts