KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any concerns with buying a used tail light for $50 other than checking for cracks? or would I be better off getting an aftermarket? If aftermarket any recommendations / links?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just received a tail light for a 05 zx-10r for my kfx. It will work but I will have to trim the socket on the back of the light (the guides are wider on the new light) and switch the two outer wires (center wire stays).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 04-05 zx-10 tail light I bought (Krator) has the 3-wire-prong male socket connector on the back (where the KFX female harness plugs into), but it also has TWO other loose wires,one blue, one yellow. Does anyone know if I need the TWO loose wires? and if so where I connect or splice those?

·
Registered
22 Posts
The two wires are for turn signals. They wont be used unless you have turn signals and ride on the street.

·
Super Moderator
9,859 Posts
The 04-05 zx-10 tail light I bought (Krator) has the 3-wire-prong male socket connector on the back (where the KFX female harness plugs into), but it also has TWO other loose wires,one blue, one yellow. Does anyone know if I need the TWO loose wires? and if so where I connect or splice those?
Your can connect the turn signal wire together to come on with the brake light...for a hazard effect or cut them off & not use...

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I’ve read the Krator isn’t very good. I almost bought one

the loose wire are for turn signals.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts