KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everybody i picked up a 08kfx450r a month ago. love it! it out handels my trx400ex the 450r is stock "for now" & got a rt99, fci with box & a pc111 coming next week. my buddys & i ride trailes ,dunes . I have been riding quads for three years. I have a starting problem with the kfx i will get my multi-meter out & check the tps/ hope it's not the ecu? I will also check rollover sensor. I wouldn't have known with out everbodys help!! thanks everyone & I will keep in touch.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
I have the same quads myself...

There is no comparing them... lol... but I still like both machines.

Exhaust, intake and a tune is really what brings the KFX alive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey DUSTER

Hey Duster thanks for the reply. I will keep in touch. Can't wait till i get my box of goodys from KB motor sports & a service manual from a local shop ,hope befor the weekend so I can study. I bought a big tube of dielectric grease & locktite today. Is there anything you can think of that I will need for the MODS rt-99 ,FCI & dyno jet? I do have a line on a dyno. YOU HOLD ON TO SOME THING SOLID OUT IN NORTH CAROLINA!! Hope you are not to close to the cost??

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
welcome man!ya check your tps voltage and adjust most likely this will help!i run pro armor swinger skid which lasts pretty long!for my chassy skid i use the tag polyurithane skid and it is awsome super strong and qiuet no rattles!

ya duster hows the weather?im in rhode island and were supose to be getting some of this crappy weather and if it shifts slightly well be getting alot of crappy weather just better not affect sundays ride!!!!

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
We are in the calm on the weather.

I say I look forward to some rain,,, tired of eating dust already... lol...

The factory service manual is FREE to download.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
We are in the calm on the weather.

I say I look forward to some rain,,, tired of eating dust already... lol...

The factory service manual is FREE to download.
is that related to your name duster?cause you eat alotta dust?????
its been awful here to no rain for like a month!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OH S~<t !! Well I like to be able to take the manual to my garage. I just have a desk top if i had a lap top I would some how brake it. thanks ononewheel I got to get something under it , not many big rocks in kansas but you never know?? Any one going to Sand fest, Little Sahara, Ok. ??

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yo man congrats on choosing the baddest ass 450 on the market right now!!

Wait til you slap the big 3 you ordered on em you'll sh*t your pants come second gear!!

·
Super Moderator
9,899 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!!! You'll like the KFX450R, I'm running Moose racing skids...
115 degrees here in Arizona, Lot of Dust & Dunes....Enjoy!!! LoL.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
OH S~<t !! Well I like to be able to take the manual to my garage. I just have a desk top if i had a lap top I would some how brake it. thanks ononewheel I got to get something under it , not many big rocks in kansas but you never know?? Any one going to Sand fest, Little Sahara, Ok. ??
Print the thing... or take it somewhere and have them print it for you...
Hole punch it and slap it in a 3 ring binder... Problem solved...

Even a single side home print job is good... gives you a place beside every page to write notes if needed.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
is that related to your name duster?cause you eat alotta dust?????
its been awful here to no rain for like a month!
Well, this will probably be a humorous story for a northern guy, especially if you somewhat get the southern country boy thing, and the dialect...

I actually picked up this nickname at the track when I was a kid, back in the 80's. Before quads, I'd already been riding 125's and 250's well. So when the 250R came out in '86 I was on it...

I was 11 years old... technically 12 for the race season... things weren't restricted like they are today... as this was before the "Final Consent Decree".

Now as respected and touted as the old 250R is today and has been...
To some people this would seem like an OMG situation... (and it was for some).

But to me, with lots of bike experience, the 250R was "rather tame" to me.
Lot's heavier than a CR250 and rather "de-tuned" as all motors are when they go in a quad frame...

So now back to the story.... I started riding and racing the quads, just to build stamina for the bike races... And frankly back then, not many people raced the quads in either discipline. I mean there was plenty of entries for a great race. But we didn't really fool around too much with "classes" in the early years. All the quad entries just ran together in one race.

As it turned out I was dang fast on the quad also, and could podium the dang thing up against everyone. Then a race came along that was very dry... I mean terrible.... just an orange cloud. I ended up winning that race in pretty dominate fashion.

When all was said and done the old 80's hillbillies were giving me a good old hard time... My name is Dusty... and one old country boy said Dusty hell... You weren't the Dust-e out there today... reckon we're going to have to start calling you the Dust-er...

Everyone had a good hee-haw laugh at me and themselves... and the nickname spread and ended up sticking. And the next year it just got worse cause we changed to the Kawasaki Tecate 4... and the guys started aggrivating me saying "Honda last year, Kawasucky this year... ol' Duster is gonna show up running a Dodge next year I reckon..."

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Duster, & nice story about your nick name-man I can just picture that!!I have been to NC. three times in my life-beautiful counrty around Fayettville. Thanks for tips on the skids, Dust Devil!! I'am gona go ride, everybody have a safe weekend.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
what kind of skid plates are the best for the kfx450r???
I missed that question the first time... and here's my opinion...

Having both PRM and Pro Armor rear skids... I would highly recommend you get the PRM .250 swinger skid instead of the Pro Armor skid.

·
Super Moderator
9,899 Posts
what kind of skid plates are the best for the kfx450r???
I already of a nice "dent" on my swing-arm skid from a rock and my moose racing skids "saved my brake rotor" Thankfully....:D
paid around A-arms $90.00 swing arm $110.00 & belly $120.00 from my local shop...Then a Coated them with "Herculiner" for more protection from the Arizona desert....:devilol:

Moose Racing 2010

1 - 17 of 17 Posts