KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey just signed up..just got a very nice 08 kfx 450r. well gotta say i love it.great woods machine...my other rides are a cherry 85 atc 250r ..86 atc 350x. love three wheels..and four! have had many machines in my life they are all fun ..the kfx is a blast..i have to install my new pipe and fuel optimizer still..and god i need another seat..its like a 2 x 4 lol.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Welcome to the forum! If you haven't changed the stock intake tube, you won't need a fuel controller until you do, even with the pipe. FCI (the best IMO) velocity or fuel atv are all good intakes.

Quad-tech is a lot better seat as well. Any questions, just ask, there's a lot of good people on here willing to help with what they can.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey man thanks for the info..was looking at the air intake today..man its like a snake..i have built enough machines to see that needs to be changed...lol i got a brand new hmf performance pipe and fuel optimizer for $300.00 so i couldn't pass it up..was sitting at a shop for awile someone ordered it and never came back.. the bike has a uni filter on it and the baffle was taken out...missing.. so new pipe will be put on soon. so the optimizer really wont change anything till i change the air flow..what about with lid off the box and a k&n..?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and yes the quad tech seat is looking good..rode all day my ass hurts..and i was standing half the time..lol

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Welcome!

No the k&n and lid off won't change a thing lol. You need to replace the whole intake tube. Once you do you will see massive gains! Pick up a Fuel customs intake (FCI) they are a bit pricey but worth every penny.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey bro thanks..that stock intake is a joke ! i have been looking at a few..just got the bike and need to uncork it..bad got the new itp gncc hole shots and new rims on it last night..have to install pipe & optimizer

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
and yes the quad tech seat is looking good..rode all day my ass hurts..and i was standing half the time..lol
A better seat is always nice, but hardcore 450 riders don't sit much anyway. Lol!!! ;)

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
hey bro thanks..that stock intake is a joke ! i have been looking at a few..just got the bike and need to uncork it..bad got the new itp gncc hole shots and new rims on it last night..have to install pipe & optimizer
Post a couple pics so we can see your bike.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
gotta sit down at times bars are way to low for me..nother thing i will change..was a hunch back when i stood up...lol and going to turn bar claps around tomorrow..also i am old 43...lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
that seat looks great..do alot of tight woods rides..need to sit at time and the stocker is like a 2 x 4..and my bars are so low for me gonna turn mounts around and was looking at the houser stem with anti vibe..set up

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks man..first day on and have to say everyone is very informative and all around good people!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i will post some pics when i can..its stock looking now..blk and white..gonna go green and white..but want up grades first..

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Yea i would definitely go with the fci 152 is a steal and with the hmf you will make dam good power. The houser +2 stem with antivibe clamps are a god send. Oh and i also have parts for your 250r&x if you need them. I got two complete bikes as well as the atv version of each. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
welcome to the forum as well i put a velocity intake on mine and it changed the power range a good bit i couldnt imagine a fci

1 - 20 of 25 Posts