KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, just wanted to say I love the site. Ive been an active reader before purchasing my first Kawasaki and decided to join after buying my 2009 KFX450r. Previous owner had T-4 exhaust already done. Im looking to add a Fuel Customs Intake and a fuel programmer. Im having a hard time deciding on one. I do a lot of straight up and down field riding. No racing at all except for friendly drag races against my friends 450s. Im also looking to adjust my suspension. Im 6'0'' tall and 260 lbs. What do I need to do to adjust it for my weight. Lastly I want to add some itp ss212 wheels and change sprockets to get more top end. Any input you can give this newbie will be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
9,936 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the Forum..!!!

I recommend the Juice Box Pro it stores ten PCIII maps & adjust low, middle & high from the module don't need to hook up to the PC to make fine adjustment...
2008 2012 Kawasaki KFX450R Two Brothers Juice Box Pro Fuel Commander EFI Power | eBay

The shocks will need to be re sprung to your weight & Probably re valve them too since the oEM shocks don't adjust to riders weight above 200lbs...

Hygear is what I'm using...HYGEAR Suspension for Kawasaki
Thanks for the input, I greatly appreciate it. Ride in peace.

·
Registered
119 Posts
What DD said.
A lot of people like 15t front sprocket after doing the big 3. It calms down excessive wheel spin with the power boost. It gives noticable top end with also, good combo with stock rear sprocket. I even use it on tight trails and works good.
after that, go for KX dirtbike cams, cheap and good. Moves the power up in the RPM, midd to top. But you still retain low end. I really like the power delivery now with kx cams.

Do that and you will have no problem beating 300cc Chinese Bashan quad lol :p

As for suspension. I bought Race Tech springs for my weight. Installing is super easy-if you played with legos as a child you shouldnt have problems installing them. :)

Do that, set your ride height, toe in and play with clickers (compession and rebound).

If you still want you can buy separate parts for shocks down the road, like valves...
Hygear also has a lot of extra parts for them (ion body ect). This way you can have a good budget build and can still buy food at the end of the month. :)

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Best info and people here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What DD said.
A lot of people like 15t front sprocket after doing the big 3. It calms down excessive wheel spin with the power boost. It gives noticable top end with also, good combo with stock rear sprocket. I even use it on tight trails and works good.
after that, go for KX dirtbike cams, cheap and good. Moves the power up in the RPM, midd to top. But you still retain low end. I really like the power delivery now with kx cams.

Do that and you will have no problem beating 300cc Chinese Bashan quad lol :p

As for suspension. I bought Race Tech springs for my weight. Installing is super easy-if you played with legos as a child you shouldnt have problems installing them. :)

Do that, set your ride height, toe in and play with clickers (compession and rebound).

If you still want you can buy separate parts for shocks down the road, like valves...
Hygear also has a lot of extra parts for them (ion body ect). This way you can have a good budget build and can still buy food at the end of the month. :)

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Best info and people here.
Thank yu for all the great and detailed info. Ive started on the cosmetics, ordering a set of chrome ss112 rims. Im getting them painted kawasaki red and chrome. Ive also ordered the black.nerf bars with the red straps. Next upgrade will be red oring chain, red radiator hoses and a seat cover. Afterwards im going to talk to KB motorsports about a power package with cams and sprockets for it. Again thanks for the advice and I Love The Site!!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Post some pics when you are done.

As for power package. As you are from states, you can save some money buying used. There are few threads of a guy that is selling exhaust and fci. Cheap. Look it up. I have seen this guy on this site and he is very helpfull and friendly, not a scammer.

Can remember the name but it should pop up on latests threads

Edit: members name that is selling parts is KFXBRYAN

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Post some pics when you are done.

As for power package. As you are from states, you can save some money buying used. There are few threads of a guy that is selling exhaust and fci. Cheap. Look it up. I have seen this guy on this site and he is very helpfull and friendly, not a scammer.

Can remember the name but it should pop up on latests threads

Edit: members name that is selling parts is KFXBRYAN
Will do on the pics. As for the info, thanks a million. Ill def be getting into contact with kfxbryan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts