KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up an 08 kfx450. Immediately after getting it home I wanted to clean it up. I removed the air filter, airbox, and intake to clean everything up. While I was in there I noticed a Vance and Hines fuelpak programmer was installed on the bike. It appears to have the stock airbox, with a billet air filter mount, k&n filter, stock intake, and a Big Gun Evo r full exhaust. Not the way I would build it myself, all though it sounds good and feels plenty powerfull, I want to make sure everything is up to par. So I'm thinking I want to replace the intake, not sure which one i should go with, but thinking the fuel customs system would be good. I'm leaning towards getting the version with the airbox if I go that route. My next question is about the programmer. I don't see anything on the Vance and Hines website saying that the controller I have on my atv will even work with it. I hope whoever installed it knew what they were doing. So if anyone knows whether or not the Vance and Hines fuelpak controller works, or is a decent choice I'd love to know. Also wondering if anyone else is running the big gun exhaust and how they feel about them. Thanks Eric

·
Super Moderator
9,850 Posts
You might want to get rid of the Vance and Hines fuelpak & find a simple 3-button controller You'll need to adjust the A/F ratio if you change to an upgraded intake...

Improper fuel adjustment can cause sever damage to your motor...unless you know exactly how to adjust the Vance Hines controller...!

Is your intake the one circled in picture...??

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just placed an order on the fci intake kit with airbox. Now I just need to figure out if the fuelpak programmer will work or if I should replace it with something else.
You might want to get rid of the Vance and Hines fuelpak & find a simple 3-button controller You'll need to adjust the A/F ratio if you change to an upgraded intake...

Improper fuel adjustment can cause sever damage to your motor...unless you know exactly how to adjust the Vance Hines controller...!

Is your intake the one circled in picture...??
Thanks for the input. Yes the intake I have currently looks like the one circled there. I did place an order on the fci intake a couple hours ago. Any recommendations on some decent programmers to go with. Looks like the Wiseco controller is priced well.

·
Super Moderator
9,850 Posts
I just placed an order on the fci intake kit with airbox. Now I just need to figure out if the fuelpak programmer will work or if I should replace it with something else.

Thanks for the input. Yes the intake I have currently looks like the one circled there. I did place an order on the fci intake a couple hours ago. Any recommendations on some decent programmers to go with. Looks like the Wiseco controller is priced well.
All the 3 button are basically the same..the Wiseco is good quality...

Depending on your altitude sea level to 1500ft you'll want to program your controller,
green 4 yellow 4 red 3 if it too rich of mixture & your motor running is lazy/sluggish then drop to 3.5, 3.5 & 2.5

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Depending on your altitude sea level to 1500ft you'll want to program your controller,
green 4 yellow 4 red 3 if it too rich of mixture & your motor running is lazy/sluggish then drop to 3.5, 3.5 & 2.5
Update, I just finished installing the fci intake, and the Lexx fuel controller I decided to go with. Getting the fci airbox and filter installed was a little harder or more frustrating than I thought it would be. I went with these settings and so far it feels and sounds great. I have a trip to the dunes coming soon, and should find out if I need to make any more adjustments. Thanks again!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Hi do you have settin

Do you have setting recommendations for the 4th and 5th and 6th modes. My Lexx fuel controller recommends this
Setting 4 - 8

·
Super Moderator
9,850 Posts
Hi do you have settin

Do you have setting recommendations for the 4th and 5th and 6th modes. My Lexx fuel controller recommends this
Setting 4 - 8
Green/blue, yellow/blue & red/blue are the RPM transiting points going to 1/4 throttle to 1/2 throttle to Full throttle...If you have stock cams should remain at the default setting..unless you have upgraded cams to KX, stg 2 or stg 3 hotcams...!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts