KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, I recently became a member to this website after purchasing a 2009 kfx 450r, I made a video of my fmf factory 4.1 silencer exhaust, its my first video and it would be cool if you could take a look at it. Thanks.

·
Registered
795 Posts
looks like you got a fuel controller . add a fci and the powerbomb header you will be very happy. I just repacked my 4.1 after 2 yrs of hard riding and some racing and it was a waste.it didn't even need it. fmf quality is awesome and the full exhaust makes excellent power on these quads.

·
Super Moderator
10,049 Posts
Great vid and nice looking quad +1 on the above suggestions the FCI will breathe fire into your beast...Time to get it dirty....!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, ive been looking up the fci's, trying to find a good deal, they all seem to be 325 with the airbox. It will be trail ridden so i figured it was a good idea to go with the box. I havent looked into the power bomb that much would it be good to get the power bomb or the mega bomb?

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
The powerbomb hits off the bottom end and pulls good through the mid to top end, that's what i'm running with the HMF muffler. :tups:

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have talked to fmf about both headers. they say that HP is the same. the Mega bomb makes more torque and makes its power more on the bottom. the power bomb which I run makes less torque and makes its power in the upper mid and top end range. a member on here dyno the 2 and found the power bomb actually made about 1 HP more. the power bomb header with the factory 4.1 makes very very close HP numbers as the dasa.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Nice lookn quad man!ive bought fcis w a box on eBay for 200 take a look!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! but ive been looking, i dont need one right now, so im just taking my time waiting for a good deal to come along. if you happen to see one, let me know.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
There's one on eBay now for 234.00 or make offer w free shipping!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah, those are all with out the airbox, i need one with the airbox.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Says with box

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
do you have a link?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts