KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I ordered a one piece Maier rear fender through Amazon. Should arrive any day. I'll post some pics once I get it installed.
Definitely curious on how it fits! I wouldn’t mind some new main plastics

·
Registered
88 Posts
Definitely curious on how it fits! I wouldn’t mind some new main plastics
It actually came in today. I just installed it. I'm happy with it. Did have a tiny bit of box rash, but minimal. Installed straight forward and fits great. I like it a lot better without all the screws mounting the outer fenders like the oe style.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Update.. I was looking the machine over today and noticed something different about the Maier rear fender than the stock one. It doesn't have the piece that goes around the back of the airbox. Didn't even notice or think about it until I saw that my orv stickers were gone. Damn I didn't realize that was part of the rear fender. I don't think I'm a fan of my air filter being exposed in the rear like that. Dust will surely go right in the air box much more like that. I'm going to put the oe fender back on with new outer fenders, as that is where most of the scuffing was anyways. I will likely have a black new rear fender for sale at a good price soon.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Update.. I was looking the machine over today and noticed something different about the Maier rear fender than the stock one. It doesn't have the piece that goes around the back of the airbox. Didn't even notice or think about it until I saw that my orv stickers were gone. Damn I didn't realize that was part of the rear fender. I don't think I'm a fan of my air filter being exposed in the rear like that. Dust will surely go right in the air box much more like that. I'm going to put the oe fender back on with new outer fenders, as that is where most of the scuffing was anyways. I will likely have a black new rear fender for sale at a good price soon.
If you run a fci ( filter) you have to clean the filter a lot anyways.

I run no box now and like it

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Well I do like the cleaner look of the one piece fender. Where do you put your orv stickers?
Any spot you feel that’s not hidden

1 - 12 of 12 Posts