KFX 450 HQ Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help when I turn on the atv and it is in any gear and I use the cluth it makes as if I was pressing the power button. Also when you turn the key to start the atv just by using the clutch the atv turns on without using the starter button, disconnect a connector that carries the clutch lever and it works well to start but only starts in the neutral position. What would be wrong with changing it and being able to start the atv in any gear with the button and that the starter motor is not activated when using the clutch lever?

A friend has a kfx450r too. but his turn on in any gear using the clutch and start button. Mine just by using the clutch turn on and if the atv is turned on it always activates the starter motor.

thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
10,145 Posts
I need help when I turn on the atv and it is in any gear and I use the cluth it makes as if I was pressing the power button. Also when you turn the key to start the atv just by using the clutch the atv turns on without using the starter button, disconnect a connector that carries the clutch lever and it works well to start but only starts in the neutral position. What would be wrong with changing it and being able to start the atv in any gear with the button and that the starter motor is not activated when using the clutch lever?

A friend has a kfx450r too. but his turn on in any gear using the clutch and start button. Mine just by using the clutch turn on and if the atv is turned on it always activates the starter motor.

thanks in advance
I suspect your harness has a short or wired wrong...

Here's a color coded schematic that will help you trace the problem...!

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suspect your harness has a short or wired wrong...

Here's a color coded schematic that will help you trace the problem...!
Thanks was a relay with bad connection, the previous owner put a non-original relay and it was badly connected and change the relay and connect correctly and works perfect

1 - 4 of 4 Posts