KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ride in Nebraska? I ride at Headworks Park near Genoa, Ne about every other weekend. Sometimes Nebraska National Forest near Halsey, Ne.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I go to Genoa at least a couple of times a year. Usually go to Halsey once a year, went in September. The other places I ride are River Valley, which is just south of Council Bluffs, and Milford Lake, KS.

I'm also fortunate to live in a town where guads are street legal. It's alright, but a little boring compared to trail riding.

I'll keep an eye out for you the next time I go to Genoa. I have a red & black '09 and I'm thinking about getting an IMS bumper with a skid like yours.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never been to river valley yet. I love the IMS bumper. It's my second one. The stocker died in a 2mph hit. No protection. The last IMS bumper died in a 30 mph hit, no damage to the frame. Just cracked the front black piece of plastic around the lights. Pertty happy with the nerfs too. They are now discontinued and hard too find, can be pricey too. I got a good deal on ebay.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I used to ride halsey alot. probably 20 times a year. lived about 100 miles from there. genoa not as much but just moved to rapid city sd area last month so don't know how much i will be around there anymore.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used to ride halsey alot. probably 20 times a year. lived about 100 miles from there. genoa not as much but just moved to rapid city sd area last month so don't know how much i will be around there anymore.
I got family in Rapid. Is there any good riding there? How does it compare to Genoa or Halsey?

·
Registered
27 Posts
well to be honest i haven't made it riding yet since i've been here. according to trail maps there are miles and miles of trails in the black hills. i'm guessing alot like halsey only on a larger scale. i plan on getting out this sunday, i will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I ride in Nebraska, but I am at the other end of the state. We have a few motocross tracks I usually ride at. There is some places on private land we ride at as well. As far as Rapid City, I know they have an indoor circuit in the winter for the mx guys. There are some great trails up by Deadwood from what I hear. Everyone I know that rides up in Deadwood has a 4x4, so I am not sure how they are on a sport quad.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Do any of you know of anyplace in eastern Nebraska that'll dynotune quads?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
27 Posts
DO NOT GO TO CLIFFORDS CYCLES IN OMAHA!!! I like to go to advanced motosports in aurora. call and talk to kerry he will get you a good dyno tune. he did a great job on my brute force and price was right.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Anybody going to Genoa next weekend??
I might be there Saturday morning 'til noon, depending on the weather. I have an '09 red and black KFX450. I'm not sure what's wrong with Cliffords, but Advanced Motorsports in Aurora sold their dyno.

·
Registered
66 Posts
cool man, i might be there sunday and then next weekend for the jamboree. im on a black and white 08 450 if your out say hi!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I missed the last two. I would like to go this year. I hope it's nice.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Since the platte is dry looks like a good time to go ride by columbus.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Since the platte is dry looks like a good time to go ride by columbus.
Been thinking the same thing. But it's hot as hell out. And I have been working 7 days a week lately. So I don't have much free time.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i rode at genoa today. Not a bad time but water was up so had more fun on the lifted honda!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Anyone going to the fall jamboree in october?

·
Registered
412 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts