KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any Nebraska riders out there.Trying to find out if Headworks Park in Genoa NE is going to be open to ride the weekend of Sept. 16-18.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I don't think it opens back up until October. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Headworks will open up just before the fall jamboree early oct.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I just moved to Lincoln, and will be here for a few months. I'm a little disappointed in what is available to ride here. I'm even more disappointed that Headworks is closed. We wanted to head out there this weekend. What's the reason it closes?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
The Headworks OHV Park near Genoa will be TEMPORARILY closed to ATV, UTV and dirtbike riding EFFECTIVE MONDAY, AUGUST 16, 2011 AT 7 AM. The closure will last for around six weeks and the area is expected to re-open again before the Fall Jamboree on October 1 and 2. A trail work day and cleanup may or may not occur before the re-opening. Exact details will be announced at a later date. Watch your mail and email for more information.

The Headworks Riding area near Genoa area will close on August 16 to allow for dredging of the canal. To keep the canal from clogging with sand, the Loup Power and Irrigation District operates it’s big pump to clean sand out of their canal. This pumping action is what created the area we now ride. The canal must be cleared of sand so that water from the Loup River can be used to generate electricity. This temporary closure will continue until the required amount of sand is removed from the canal. The riding area closes because the discharge of the dredge creates a rapid current and large amounts of quick sand and silt. This combination makes for extremely dangerous travel for ATV, UTV and dirtbike riders. If the area remained open during dredging operations the riding of ATVs and dirtbikes could stop the dredging operation.

·
Registered
412 Posts
The KFX450s are actually made at the Kawasaki factory in Lincoln, off of Hwy 34 near the airport. I live about 25 minutes from Lincoln and also wish there were more riding areas in Nebraska.

Last weekend, a couple of my friends and I went to some ATV/MC trials in Tuxedo Park in Crete. Those trails are nice but not enough of them and there kind of hidden and not well known. Several dead end trails, but we managed to find several good looped trails.

River Valley is located south of Council Bluffs, Iowa and across the Missouri River from Omaha has over 300 acres of trails. Unfortunately it is still flooded by the Missouri River from this spring.

Nebraska National Forest near Halsey is about 4 to 4 1/2 hours from Lincoln. It has some nice long, mostly sand trails.

Milford Lake, Kansas is about 2 1/2 hours south of Lincoln and has an OHV Park for dirtbikes and ATVs. I haven't been there this year but I heard the lake is kind of high from the flooding this year.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Headworks Jamboree

Who's all going this weekend? I may go Saturday.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I haven't been following. They're open for sure now? I may head out Sunday.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
They will open Friday at noon.

·
Registered
375 Posts
So how busy is it going to be this weekend? What does this Jamboree entail? I just want to go there to ride for a few hours, but if there are going to be people everywhere and I can't even ride around, I won't bother going.

From their website:
"Due to the expected turnout and limited parking facilities, we would advise anyone not interested in participating in the jamboree to schedule their park visit for another time. "

1 - 11 of 11 Posts