KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend, before my carrier failed and ate my brakes, I was doing some riding with the kids on a local track/riding spot. There was some serious mud (and ice) on some of the banked turns. While in a slide around a corner, my front wheels, even with stock width arms, are not even close in relation to the fenders. I watched as a steady stream of sticky icy mud was thrown in a plume into my face during a slide. Having to stop every 5 minutes to clean my goggles makes me wonder if Kawasaki considered this.

So, what do you non-racers do? Is there some sort of wider front fender "addon"? Don't tell me I need to break out the foam to make some molds and fiberglass.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Goggles with tear off or roll off lenses might help
I tried roll off's when I used to race enduro, but I'm just trail riding having fun, I'm not that serious. I think another few inches pushing the extension out would make a world of difference (that's what she said lol)

·
Registered
266 Posts
i cant think of a way to do it and still make it look good, but you may be able to get something between the inner peice and the actual fender. like where it bolts together to mount the outer fender a few inches out..

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i cant think of a way to do it and still make it look good, but you may be able to get something between the inner peice and the actual fender. like where it bolts together to mount the outer fender a few inches out..
Conveyorbelt material works well for this, a 2" strip as a "spacer" may do it. Considering my fenders are black anyhow, I may try it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts