KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I will be buying my KFX here shortly I can't wait! I have a couple buddys thinking it wont hang with their yfz's and r's.. Whats the truth?

Also what exactly does this power commander do and how do you program it? For example if I were to take off the airbox lid or get a full system pipe what would need to be done? I have the laptop, but how will I know if I program it correctly? I guess my question is does it automatically program its self or what?

Sorry guys im new to this EFI stuff.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
588 Posts
The Power Commander is a fuel injection adjustment unit that plugs "inline" with the bike’s stock ECU (electronic control unit). The PC uses original equipment style connectors, so no splicing or cutting of the harness is required. Most installations take less than 15 minutes, some as little as 5 minutes.

Changes are made to the bikes fuel and, in some cases, ignition curves via the PC's onboard microprocessor. Using this technology we are able to offer a large area of adjustment without making any permanent changes to the bike’s ECU. Removing the PC returns the bike to its previous stock condition. You can download maps from various sites or buy some dyno time and have it tuned. PM FUELATV or PDR and they can hook you up.

Your bike will more than hang with your buddies after the simple mods you mentioned.

-Bill

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot for the info. So its pretty much straight foward? Im sure it includes directions, reccomended websites.. etc correct?

Thank you!

·
Registered
588 Posts
PM FUEALATV or PDR on this site and they will hook you up. I know FUELATV has maps posted on his website.

·
Registered
469 Posts
power commander updates their site quite frequently for new pipes that come out. I know steve will proboly have it for the yoshi and the dasa, i know the dasa for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts