KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help, it happens that my bike was not turning on due to the starter motor, so I decided to check what was happening, the fact is that I found a damaged part (
13194-0008 CLUTCH-ONEWAY (Kawasaki) ) so I ordered it and replaced it, it happens that after assembling everything my bike doesn't start at all. What could be happening?

·
Super Moderator
10,333 Posts
I need help, it happens that my bike was not turning on due to the starter motor, so I decided to check what was happening, the fact is that I found a damaged part (
13194-0008 CLUTCH-ONEWAY (Kawasaki) ) so I ordered it and replaced it, it happens that after assembling everything my bike doesn't start at all. What could be happening?
Welcome to the Forum....!!!!

Clarify, Not turning ON or Not turning over...???

Not turning ON check fuses & relays...also check the vehicle down sensor is on it's mount with arrow pointing UP... see pic

Not turning over check if the decompression spring is on the exhaust cam & working.. See pic

If it's working... Check the valve timing & valve clearance

Valve Clearance: between cam and valve lifter
Standard:
Exhaust 0.17 ∼ 0.22 mm (0.0067 ∼ 0.0087 in.)
Inlet 0.10 ∼ 0.15 mm (0.0039 ∼ 0.0059 in.)

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the Forum....!!!!

Clarify, Not turning ON or Not turning over...???

Not turning ON check fuses & relays...also check the vehicle down sensor is on it's mount with arrow pointing UP... see pic

Not turning over check if the decompression spring is on the exhaust cam & working.. See pic

If it's working... Check the valve timing & valve clearance

Valve Clearance: between cam and valve lifter
Standard:
Exhaust 0.17 ∼ 0.22 mm (0.0067 ∼ 0.0087 in.)
Inlet 0.10 ∼ 0.15 mm (0.0039 ∼ 0.0059 in.)
I check the timing, check if there is spark, also check all the fuses and everything is correct. I just need to check the valve clearance. I will check it and see if it is correct

1 - 3 of 3 Posts