KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Jason here. My '08 won't idle without the idle screw pulled out. Once I open the butterfly it runs like a champ. I read online another guy had the same problem. He said his butterfly was completely closed at idle also. He adjusted the butterfly to factory spec then adjusted tps to factory spec and fixed the problem. Has anyone else heard of this? Thanks ahead of time

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Try advancing the idle speed
The cold start knob also adjusts idle speed by turning it

Also order a Kawasaki tps adapter and check the tps

·
Registered
365 Posts
You are either getting too much gas or too little air....it could be the air filter soaked in oil if you have had it standing on the sissy bar or wrecked it.

If u pull the air screw out and it runs that means u have added a little bit more air and thats what it needs to run...so more than likely it doesnt need more air, so that means its supplying too much fuel...either the coolant temp sensor is bad...20$ on ebay. Or the tps isnt in the correct place along with the cold air screw adjustment is off....if the little vacuum line going from the throttle body(beside the air screw) to the map sensor is leaking or unhooked it will give too much fuel and wont idle...(happened to me) i would check the vacuum line first if i were u.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts