KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there fellow kfx owners. I just registered and this is my first thread. I have a mint bone stock to the tires 08 kfx and am kicking honda ass on the strip! I already want more power, I am looking for the best and most reliable performance upgrade for my quad. I am looking for a complete kit that is easy to install and tune perfectly. I do not race on tracks I trail ride find local jumps to play around on. I want a complete exhaust system with a intake system and fuel/ignition module that coincide perfectly and preferably come from the same manufacturer. Any suggestions or comments will be of assistance. Thanks

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Check out kbmotorsportsonline.com they have "big 3" package deals. Fuel customs intake makes the most power and you can get it with or without a box. Fuel controllers that i like are yoshimura pim2, pc3, pc5 and juice box pro. There is a wide varitey of exhausts to choose from. I suggest putting a 15t front sprocket on it, it really helps on top end. Suspension is the key on this quad though if you do more than drag race. Good luck with it!

Kawasaki KFX450 Performance Packages

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks I will Check it. I am a bit scared to try and tune the fuel map by myself as I know there is alot technical stuff about getting the engine the precise amount of fuel and air and the spark when it needs it.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I have just the big 3 on mine. Pro circuit exhaust, fuel customs intake and yoshimura pim2 contoller. I just run one of the maps programmed on the pim2 and mine runs great. I havent tried to tune a map myself.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Tuning is easy w apc3/pcv lots of members share maps so u should be fine with what ever products u buy i suggest a fci w a box if ur riding in really dusty/wet conditions!also a pcv as for exhausts there all pretty close power wise the most popular are dasa hmf fmf so go with what u like sound wise and look wise!kx dirt bike cams are also a nice touch as well!

·
Registered
170 Posts
pretty much been everything you need to know is here, the big 3 needs to be done since the kawi intake is horrible. i cant speak to the FCi yet but one is on the way and i am more than excited about it!

also ononewheel, your bike looks AWESOME!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
FCI will change your bike completley. I run the FCI with box and Two Brothers Juice Box Pro. I push the JB Pro because it's made by POwer Commander and the maps are interchangeable, stores up to 10 custom maps, and also has on the fly adjustment. As ononewheel said, you can get maps from here...all my custom maps came from members on here and they were PCIII maps. Also, I'm still running stock exhaust and I'm not even sure I'll upgrade. The biggest chunk of horsepower you'll find is by getting rid of that POS stock intake. The quad will be night and day different with FCI and controller

·
Registered
15 Posts
Check out techquadshop.com. They have good deals on what ur looking for and I think u can still get package deals. Definitely do the big 3 at least. And I would strongly recommend a fci. I have a fci, complete dasa exhaust and a pc3. Completely different bike from stock. Dasa's are awesome pipes and nice loud sound. Pc3 came preprogrammed for the bike with the aftermarket part from tqs.com. I would also recommend dialing in the suspension to your type of riding. Hope this helps good luck buddy

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
pretty much been everything you need to know is here, the big 3 needs to be done since the kawi intake is horrible. i cant speak to the FCi yet but one is on the way and i am more than excited about it!

also ononewheel, your bike looks AWESOME!
Thanks man!

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Also if you run a pcV you can add auto tune which will self tune your bike a close map is needed then the auto tune does the rest!!

·
Super Moderator
9,971 Posts
Hey there fellow kfx owners. I just registered and this is my first thread. I have a mint bone stock to the tires 08 kfx and am kicking honda ass on the strip! I already want more power, I am looking for the best and most reliable performance upgrade for my quad. I am looking for a complete kit that is easy to install and tune perfectly. I do not race on tracks I trail ride find local jumps to play around on. I want a complete exhaust system with a intake system and fuel/ignition module that coincide perfectly and preferably come from the same manufacturer. Any suggestions or comments will be of assistance. Thanks
stock gearing is 14/38 so Get a 15/37 to increase your speed...
FCI is the best intake for performance gaining 5~10 HP more with a proper tune...I'm using the Velocity intake for I ride in dry locations and don't need a box, If your riding in wet locations you'll need a box to keep your intake dry...

Controller; PCIII or Pro juice box are the best for the price and you can use the same map with each, and many members here to get maps from that are dyno proven...I'm using the Dynatek DFS igntion w/DRSP-1 controller, and tune to a wide band O2 sensor...

as for an exhaust they're about the same in HP gains, looks, sound, price & the need to repack will be the deciding factor...I'm using the full HMF competition series, mainly because I got a great deal on it...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts