KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up an 08 KFX450r. Bone stock, one owner, and super clean.

I swapped all the fluids and filters and put a K&N intake on it: 63-1124 - K&N Intake Kits, Performance Intake Kit

I wanted to put a slip on pipe on it, but don't want to get crazy with jetting, programming, $$$$$.

I am unfamiliar with all of this and just looking for some advice on what I should do and/or what I don't have to do.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
well if you would have put a slip on pipe on you wouldn't need a programmer/fuel controller (no carb on these fuel injection) :p

but you definitely need a fuel controller with a k&n intake.
the stock intake system is restrictive so any time you put an aftermarket system on you need a fuel controller otherwise your quad will run way to lean.

TB juice box pro is good. can upload pc111 mods on one or just use the three button function.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Can you interchange the programmer with different brand slip ons or should you stay with same brand?

Can I use an HMF slip on and the Juicebox or does it have to be a TB slip on too?

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Yes you can interchange.

I would go with the HMF/Juicebox combo over the TB slip/Juicebox

Nobody seems to like TB exhaust on the KFX?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
ya I've heard the two bro exhaust sucks too :(

hmf makes a really good exhaust. if you want to upgrade your header later an fmf header works with the hmf slip on.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The wife's has a tb can and its rotted out the core shot out its a terd imo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts