KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So nobody told me I needed new bearings to install into the new a arms. So I'm headed to a shop to get them taken out of my stock so I can install them in the lonestar. Anyone know where I can go to get that ring extracting tool?

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Anywhere you can buy tools. Just need internal snap ring pliers.

And ya i was pissed when i got my lsr arms and they had no lower bearings. They should really put that in the description.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sucks! I still don't have them out yet. I can get the ring compressed, but it slips when I try to get it out.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
It sucks! I still don't have them out yet. I can get the ring compressed, but it slips when I try to get it out.
Get you a small flat head screw driver and hold your mouth just right, lol. When you get it compressed, take the screw driver in your other hand and put it in the gap it makes on the opposite side of the snap ring. Try pushing it under the snap ring and twisting it a little to make the snap ring pop out.

It works for me when trying to remove those damn things in other places on the quad.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up getting some pics and pretty much yanking them out. Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts