KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any smaller options then the big doofy light/power switch that comes stock on our KFX's? I have lights on mine (I don't race) so I still want that option but I cant find anything aftermarket that will work. Any ideas? The stock unit is such an eye sore...

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Are there any smaller options then the big doofy light/power switch that comes stock on our KFX's? I have lights on mine (I don't race) so I still want that option but I cant find anything aftermarket that will work. Any ideas? The stock unit is such an eye sore...
Ive been working on the same. Gonna get rid of the blob and drill my plastics for some switches and lights here.

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive been working on the same. Gonna get rid of the blob and drill my plastics for some switches and lights here.
Do tell and take pics when your doing this. I am very interested in how it comes out. Done right, can be super easy!

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Do tell and take pics when your doing this. I am very interested in how it comes out. Done right, can be super easy!
I saw this on a kfx way back in 2008 or 09. Damn thing was practically new, but still one of the most tricked out kawis Ive seen yet. I dont remember if it was his indicator lights or switches. But it worked out really well for him.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
If I remember correctly, I think he had the indicator lights drilled into his plastics, and switches were used in the open holes left in the maintenance hood. I myself would be a bit worried about my cables hitting switches if they were in the hood. Also, they could be hard to reach.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotta take the good with the bad on this one. injusg wish someone sold a more compact switch then the stock one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts