KFX 450 HQ Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok the title says it all but the question is could a the tps just flat out be lying because I tested it and it reads .63 at idle and 3.7 at wot and 5v flat input that says the tps is good and at idle it's fine when cold but rough after it warms up fires right off no hesitation for the first crank when riding if I ease into the throttle good roll no pop try to hold one point popping.... wot runs like raped date that's what's so puzzling can someone please give me a direction to look because I love the thing to death but that's bout where it's taking me with all the headaches

·
Super Moderator
10,145 Posts
Ok the title says it all but the question is could a the tps just flat out be lying because I tested it and it reads .63 at idle and 3.7 at wot and 5v flat input that says the tps is good and at idle it's fine when cold but rough after it warms up fires right off no hesitation for the first crank when riding if I ease into the throttle good roll no pop try to hold one point popping.... wot runs like raped date that's what's so puzzling can someone please give me a direction to look because I love the thing to death but that's bout where it's taking me with all the headaches
Check the spark plug for signs of lean condition...!

Check your fuel pressure 43 psi idle to WOT or clean/replace the fuel strainer..!

Make sure your battery is fully charged 12,8v standard.?

Stock piston 12;1 compression ratio.. 91 octane fuel required...12.9:1 piston compression ratio.. 94~95 octane required, 13:1 compression ratio 98~105 octane required..!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stock piston mods are dasa procom hot cams stg 2 ltr intake msd coil just put in a new water temperature sensor still doing it I got a map and air temp sensor coming just in case and I'm hoping I don't have to buy a fuel pump but how do you check the fuel pressure

·
Super Moderator
10,145 Posts
Stock piston mods are dasa procom hot cams stg 2 ltr intake msd coil just put in a new water temperature sensor still doing it I got a map and air temp sensor coming just in case and I'm hoping I don't have to buy a fuel pump but how do you check the fuel pressure
Here's a thread to help you clean the fuel pump strainer How to clean fuel pump

Fuel pump are cheap... 35mm Fuel Pump For Kawasaki KFX450R / KSF450-BAF 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 | eBay

To test fuel pressure you'll need a fuel injector pressure tester like 0-140PSI Fuel Injection Pump Pressure Tester Injector Pump Pressure Gauge Kit US | eBay

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well for 15 I just bought it because it's good to have any way but I'm almost done with it honestly I want to keep it but can't keep doing the headaches but I'll try the fuel pump if the map and air temp sensor don't fix it but if all that doesn't work im race cutting the harness putting only the stator crank sensor rectifier procom e start temp sensor and wiring fan hot and putting in a kx carb with the tps so it's compatible with the timing advance I'm just over the bog bull shit n I lost the whole season of racing because of it so any input on a carb swap would be appreciated as well

·
Super Moderator
10,145 Posts
Well for 15 I just bought it because it's good to have any way but I'm almost done with it honestly I want to keep it but can't keep doing the headaches but I'll try the fuel pump if the map and air temp sensor don't fix it but if all that doesn't work im race cutting the harness putting only the stator crank sensor rectifier procom e start temp sensor and wiring fan hot and putting in a kx carb with the tps so it's compatible with the timing advance I'm just over the bog bull shit n I lost the whole season of racing because of it so any input on a carb swap would be appreciated as well
Check your valve clearance if too close they could be floating above 8000 RPMs...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found out the problem I had the day off before of the tropical storm so I decided to mess with the quad well was going over everything again for the tenth time and was just about to hang it up because I was getting aggravated and didn't want to break anything else lol so I was like hell with it I'll jiggle some wires well I found the problem there's definitely a short it's right where the main splits to go under the tank to feed everything held it bent and revd crisp let it go runs like poo so new harness it is thanks for the help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts