KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

So I am trying to figure something out here, and any input would be greatly appreciated. So I am going to have my head ported and I am looking to change valves and any other, if any, worn out parts that. I don't know if the valves need to be changed but the bike is 5 years old and +/- 75 hours, how long to they last? Thinking of changing them just to be safe, but i don't know.

Now the first big question is: Looking at the valves diagrams for the 2 bikes, the only difference between them is the KFX450 has a SEAT-SPRING (16007A - 16007-0026) on both exhaust and intake sides, and the 08 KX450 doesn't. Is that seat-spring crucial? Because the exhaust valves diagram on both bikes are exactly the same (same parts numbers), except for this seat-spring which only the kfx450 has.

The second big questions and most important one: Looking at the intake valves diagram on both bikes, they are exactly the same (same part numbers), except for the seat-spring mentioned above which the kx450 doesn't have, and the intake valve which has a different part number (12004-0018 vs the kfx450: 12004-0026), despite the fact that they use the same springs, retainers, seals, etc.. Looking at this and since I am porting the head, can I change the intake valves for the 08 KX450 ones, so essentially having the same valve setup has the 08 KX450? If yes, would I include the seat-spring while assembling?

Please find attached a picture with the KFX450 exhaust valve diagram (left) and the 08 KX450 intake valve diagram (right), with the respective differences marked.

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
The stock titanium valves are very tough.
Check them when you have the work done

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The stock titanium valves are very tough.
Check them when you have the work done
Will do. Do you think the KX450 valves can be a replacement along with a valve job?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I wouldn?t try.

Stick with oem or del West

1 - 4 of 4 Posts