KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I recently read Duster's thread on the Procom ECU and am sold on the product. I have a set of 08 KX450F Cams sitting on a shelf and have a few questions.

1.) Should I first put on a LTR intake tube before doing the Cam mod? Im not sure if I want to drop the cash on a Fuel customs intake.

2.) Should I install the Cams and or Intake before the Procom unit or after? Or does it even matter? I have a DMC (Doebeck) fuel controller but would dump it in a heartbeat for the Procom unit.

3.) I know this is kinda off topic but, what would the best bang for the buck suspension be? I do live near FASST in Eveleth, MN and I guess they know whats up for suspension. (Developed the M10 and Airwave slo-mobile suspension.) Are Fox Shocks really worth the money?

I'm pretty computer savvy but if someone could aim me at a good tune for the Procom at a setup similar to mine, I would greatly appreciate it. Seeing how though I have no access to a dyno.

Thanks,

Cody

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I love my procom it and the fci are my best two mods you can go ahead and install your cams your fuel controler will handle it but to get the full effect from them you need a intake. The fci makes better power but the ltr is also a good intake. You won't believe the difference it will make. On the suspension idk i can't afford it yet but have heard nuthing but good about the fox shocks and the ars suspension.
Oh and pm duster for maps he is slick as hell with the procom and he has custom maps for every combination of mods you can think of.

·
Registered
795 Posts
go ahead and finish your mods and use your 3 button fuel controller. Install the procom last so you can see just how much of a difference the unit makes compared to other controllers! your kfx doesnt care what fuel controller is sending the signal to control the fuel btu what it does know is hay ive got a much higher rev ceiling, and then the big one the timing advance thats worth 2-3 hp alone. what ever fuel map you decide to go with change out the timing map for that off of map 9 you you will be amazed. do it in that order just to see the difference a few revs and 4 deg in timing advance makes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts