KFX 450 HQ Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 KFX450R only mods are uni filter, hand guards and some stickers. Wiring harness is from 2010.

Fuel pump does not prime when key is turned on. Neutral light does not come on. FI light stays on. I tried grounding the diagnostic wire to get a code but the FI light does not blink. Battery is fully charged. TPS sensor is good [stole from 2010). Fuses are good.

Any ideas on what else to check?

·
Super Moderator
10,333 Posts
2008 KFX450R only mods are uni filter, hand guards and some stickers. Wiring harness is from 2010.

Fuel pump does not prime when key is turned on. Neutral light does not come on. FI light stays on. I tried grounding the diagnostic wire to get a code but the FI light does not blink. Battery is fully charged. TPS sensor is good [stole from 2010). Fuses are good.

Any ideas on what else to check?
Do you have 12v at the ignition coil...Y/R wire to frame ground...?

Do your headlights come on...?

Check the fuel pump relay.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,333 Posts
No juice at coil and headlights do not come on. I swapped out the fuel pump relay with one from the old harness and same results.
Follow the headlight switch/starter button wiring harness to where it plugs into the main wiring harness to see if it's connect...circled in picture..

Also make sure the main wiring harness connection at the starter solenoid/30 amp fuse block contacts are clean & plugged in See picture

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update and new issue.

I had the indicator plug and the starter blob plugs installed incorrect. Swapped the plugs and now the fuel pump primes but the starter solenoid only clicks. I have no neutral light. It is in neutral. I swapped out the neutral sensor, still no light What else would cause the neutral light to not light up?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Neutral light didn't work because of a broken spring.
Wouldn't turn over due to some binding with one of the starter gears @ the generator cover.
Timing was also off. Turns over good now but still is not starting and it drains the battery pretty fast. It does have the spring on the exhaust decompressor.
Getting closer. My son is getting excited to learn how to ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts