1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Silicone on the sensor...

-or-

Procom ECU...

:spam:

Sorry... couldn't help but spam your thread this time... priceless!!!

On a serious note though...
My ECU really does bypass the roll sensor also...
Plus the stupid reverse rev limit...
Plus the stupid can't touch the throttle when starting thing too...

I don't miss any of those "safety features"....

·
Super Moderator
10,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool...! If my ECU is bad I'll replace it with a Procom as long as i can hook up my Dynatek curve-maker ignition to it....:devilol:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've got a lot to learn, I think. I understood "silicone" and "ECU" and thats it. LOL!

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
I've got a lot to learn, I think. I understood "silicone" and "ECU" and thats it. LOL!
Don't worry... it is very intimidating at first.

But you pick it up and understand it a bit at a time on an 'as needed' basis.

These sensors are electrical resistors... variable based on rotation.
5 volts input to them and variable output depending on how far they are rotated.

It shuts off the quad if you roll... but sometimes they come loose and shut off for no reason or start messing up.

That eliminator replaces the roll sensor and eliminates it by using a constant state resistor that always supplies the "OK" output voltage.

The aftermarket ECU's just do nothing with the information coming from the roll sensor, so it has no effect... thus eliminated.

Or one can take the roll sensor apart and silicone the moving parts stationary... not allowing it to move, making the stock sensor a constant state resistor also.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I like the fact that the Procom eliminated the reverse RPM limit, and the starting throttle position bullshit, but I'm not sure about the rollover sensor... It has its uses.

A few rides ago I was riding a big bowl like deal in a dry reservoir bed, and when I came out of it (Doing a pretty good clip- you have to be to stay pinned to the outside) there was a huge ditch right in front of me. No time to slow down, too long to steer around, didn't dare pop the front end up (It was too deep, it would have kicked the ass end over on top of me), so I just cringed, hit it straight on, and happened to roll sideways. I flew the f*** off, hit HARD, and the quad ended up up-side down, RUNNING. Bad thing. No oil in the bottom of the case where it's needed = toasted motor. Had to drag my hurting ass over there, kill the quad, and then collapse back over in pain.

A rollover sensor in that situation would have been nice. Had HUUUGE bruises on my side/ass/leg for weeks. Haha I was walking like a crippled old man for about a month.

(Or I could have just had my teather killswitch attached, which I never do for some stupid reason... :huh:)

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Yep... that's what the tether is for... LOL...

Get yourself one of these carabiner latches to go on the tether so it is easy to use any time you ride.
A wrist strap to go with it is a good idea for some people too.

And if it's that you just don't think of it or remember it... yank the tether and latch it on the key.
Then you will have to take it off the key when you go to start.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts