KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
@Dust Devil thank you so much. I’ve already replaced the fuel strainer which was filled with what looks like ants. I feel like there are some more clogs of some sort somewhere.

Started it with starter fluid the first time and it stayed on.

Started it a few moments later without starter fluid and it stayed on but the muffler got extremely hot just idling and reving the throttle a bit.

Seems like this carborator(intake manifold) like thing is off. Not sure what it’s called but one of the two hoses that connect to the ‘throttle body’ wasn’t completed connected. Maybe my ‘throttle cable’ is off?

Thanks so much again for everything.

·
Super Moderator
9,859 Posts
@Dust Devil thank you so much. I’ve already replaced the fuel strainer which was filled with what looks like ants. I feel like there are some more clogs of some sort somewhere.

Started it with starter fluid the first time and it stayed on.

Started it a few moments later without starter fluid and it stayed on but the muffler got extremely hot just idling and reving the throttle a bit.

Seems like this carborator(intake manifold) like thing is off. Not sure what it’s called but one of the two hoses that connect to the ‘throttle body’ wasn’t completed connected. Maybe my ‘throttle cable’ is off?

Thanks so much again for everything.
Quick question...Is your air intake stock or upgraded.??..see picture

Make sure the crank case vent hose is connected to the intake tube...!!!

There's a vacuum hose on the throttle body that connect to an air pressure sensor that sits on top of the throttle body...
Make sure it there's no crack or leaks....Make sure the throttle body clamps on the manifold & intake tube are tights & there's no leaks around them..!!

Also make sure there's a little slack in the throttle cable so the throttle body's butterfly closes to the idle position...!!

And you might want to check the Throttle positioning sensor's voltage to be in range...see picture

Attachments

21 - 22 of 22 Posts