KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! My chain snapped and destoyed my case so i got it welded and it sems to hold good, but after a while i notice that a sensor? Leaked oil for me, i tryed to push it harder with steel but ut still leakingfrom it, so iam out idees so i thing i need to replace it, my screws take but i see a crack in that part when i take it out. What part is it i search for?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,694 Posts
Hey! My chain snapped and destoyed my case so i got it welded and it sems to hold good, but after a while i notice that a sensor? Leaked oil for me, i tryed to push it harder with steel but ut still leakingfrom it, so iam out idees so i thing i need to replace it, my screws take but i see a crack in that part when i take it out. What part is it i search for?
Try putting some ultra grey silicon on the screw threads...this stuff https://www.ebay.com/itm/Permatex-82194-ULTRA-GREY-Rigid-High-Torque-RTV-Silicone-Gasket-Maker-3-5-oz/201615668029?epid=1011855767&hash=item2ef13af33d:g:Vu8AAOSwLVZVltPS

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes i Will but The sensor or whatever it is, have crack in it so i dont think it leak from The screws, they are tight. I think it leak from The modul it self. Can I add this permatex on The modul in The crack also? I Will also replace The o-ring.

·
Super Moderator
9,694 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tnx for the link! I Will buy a new one. Hope that fix the leak. But this sensor or whatever i should call it dont work if i get it right, it should shut down my bike if it get up side down.. But my bike continue to spin when i crashed last time. When it was placed up side down.

·
Super Moderator
9,694 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Or its just broken, its close to The chain and when The chain snapped off its possible it got smashed also, and there is a crack in it, first crash was The chain, i fixed it and second chash was something else and my bike landed up side down and The engine didnt turn off.. I go for a new "whatever" it is. But how do i know witch one i need of all them on that page u Linked?

·
Super Moderator
9,694 Posts
Or its just broken, its close to The chain and when The chain snapped off its possible it got smashed also, and there is a crack in it, first crash was The chain, i fixed it and second chash was something else and my bike landed up side down and The engine didnt turn off.. I go for a new "whatever" it is. But how do i know witch one i need of all them on that page u Linked?
The broken & oil leaking switch by the front sprocket is... part # SWITCH-COMP 13151-0038 https://www.motosport.com/atv/oem-parts/kawasaki/2009/kfx450r/gear-change-drum~shift-fork(s)

The vehicle down sensor thats shut off the fuel & spark when upside down is... part # 21176-0066 SENSOR,VEHICLE-DOWN https://www.motosport.com/atv/oem-parts/kawasaki/2009/kfx450r/fuel-injection

1 - 8 of 8 Posts