KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
I don't see the baffle being removed enough to make that much of a difference. When I had a stock bike I removed the baffle and it ran great. All bikes are different though. So many things come into play.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
True. Esp carbed bikes. They run better. But i dont know what else to do. Lol. and when i say "hot" i dont mean 2 hours off hard ridding when the fan comes on.. i mean literally after 45 seconds of ridding and its hot enough you cant touch motor lol. I think thats why everyone is saying the temp switch, It hasnt even hit normal operating temp yet..

·
Super Moderator
9,860 Posts
True. Esp carbed bikes. They run better. But i dont know what else to do. Lol. and when i say "hot" i dont mean 2 hours off hard ridding when the fan comes on.. i mean literally after 45 seconds of ridding and its hot enough you cant touch motor lol. I think thats why everyone is saying the temp switch, It hasnt even hit normal operating temp yet..
Valves are good, fuel pressure is 43 psi good...

Then...!!!

A faulty water temp sensor will not throw a DFI code, only if there is an open/closed short in the circuit...

The water temp is the master sensor that controls the DFI system...!!

If the problem is temp related always check the water temp sensor...!!!

It's explained here Engine Coolant Sensors

The coolant sensor is extremely important because the sensor's input to the PCM affects the operating strategy of the entire engine management system. That's why the coolant sensor is often called the "master" sensor.

·
Registered
821 Posts
The 450's do get hot fast. They are made to rip so they heat up fast as hell.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just went thru this. Not to the level yours is having but very similar. Stock intake with a slip on. Bike felt great down low, then fell off on top. Replaced the CTS and bingo, ripping like it should.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
UPDATE............ I have ordered a new CTS. However.. Starting yesterday.. It no longer runs good HOt or cold. It used to run great cold,until about 2 miles of ridding then it would act up. cranked it up cold and held throttle WOT and wouldnt go past like 5K, Something is on its way out! It getting worse everyday.. When i bought it 3 weeks ago it would only cut out at like 90-100% throttle. week later 80-100. Today 50-100% fall on its face... I hope this is not an ECU issue :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
When i say pops and falls on its face.. i dont mean like a fast pop and jerky.. Im talking a smooth cut out and pop.. Like a very very very slow rev limiter. Its really smooth... which is weird? lol

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
New or used ecu's aren't terribly expensive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever figure out what the issue was ? I'm having the same issue right nOw on mine

When i say pops and falls on its face.. i dont mean like a fast pop and jerky.. Im talking a smooth cut out and pop.. Like a very very very slow rev limiter. Its really smooth... which is weird? lol

·
Super Moderator
9,860 Posts
Did you ever figure out what the issue was ? I'm having the same issue right nOw on mine
Welcome to the Forum...!!!

If your having the same problem...Check your fuel pump pressure 43 psi standard...usually it's a clogged/dirty strainer/filter in the intake pump...!

Also check the TPS voltage to be in range or the valve clearance needs adjustment...

Valve Clearance: between cam and valve lifter
Standard:
Exhaust 0.17 ∼ 0.22 mm (0.0067 ∼ 0.0087 in.)
Inlet 0.10 ∼ 0.15 mm (0.0039 ∼ 0.0059 in.)
If the valve clearance is not within the specified range,
adjust it.

Attachments

21 - 30 of 30 Posts