KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

KFX450R Air Box Airbox Intake CFM Performance

6K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  ufcturbo 
#1 ·
hi i have 2 kfx 450s one has a fci intake w box a procom and full exhaust the other has a full exhaust the kawi adj ecu and a fuel controller but a completely stock intake and airbox setup. I know the fci is the best but i like the cfm setup anyone have expericence w it and how much of a drastic difference is it between it and the fci aslo open to other options for the second kfx w the stock intake setup on it thanks

#2 ·
I run the fci on mine and my buddy runs the cfm. my quad is fast but I have a higher compression piston and dodge coil with a 2 bros exhaust. he is stock with a full hmf. Both have tuners... I will say we added the exhaust, cfm, and tuner to his all at once and the gains were MASSIVE!!! He is thrilled with the performance now

#3 ·
It's a good intake, especially for the money. I'd say there's about a 1-2 hp diff between them. Just a guess tho. If you don't mind sacrificing a little power then go for it.

#5 ·
I'd be surprised if it is much difference. I would imagine the squared edges have an effect up high after shooting water through the FCI. But 2hp?

#8 ·
Yeah I have seen no dyno proof from a 3rd party.

But yes aluminum is just "trick" and totally the wrong material to use alone for an airbox because it is a heat sink. Blythe ideal thing but isn't going to kill it either.

#9 ·
I don't feel tgat there is much difference at all. maybe if your going with major mods but with just the CFM tuner and exhaust it seems to run as good if not better than mine did with the fci. now I did have one exhaust valve out of adjustment and I had a 2 brothers with the fci, my buddy has well adjusted valves, hmf and the cfm.
my point is they are very very close on a basically stock engine

#10 ·
yes i "plan" on it being a stock engine, as ill have the cams and piston in the other bike. This one has a motoworks sr4 full exhaust i think its the first version, the kawi adj. ecu a dmc fuel controller, now just need to decide on a intake system, yes it does look trick but it being aluminum doesnt sit well w me the more i think about it, although i could get it texture powder coated white to reflect some heat away and do the reflective heat tape although i like things looking clean so the tape kinda craps on that. also a coil in my future as well i have a dynatek on the other bike, and ive been reading about the jeep or dodge coil which is best ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.