KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello .new here and to the kfx. I picked up a 2011 and it has a lexx tuner and fmf slip on and runs like trash can anyone give me the base settings? It has 3 buttons( minus mode and plus) other then that as far as I know the bike is all stock. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello .new here and to the kfx. I picked up a 2011 and it has a lexx tuner and fmf slip on and runs like trash can anyone give me the base settings? It has 3 buttons( minus mode and plus) other then that as far as I know the bike is all stock. Thanks for any help!
They bike doesn’t need a programmer if it only has an exhaust. Try removing the tuner and see how she runs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there something that I plug back in where the tuner plugs in?. I unplugged it and it wont start

·
Registered
68 Posts
Is there something that I plug back in where the tuner plugs in?. I unplugged it and it wont start
The tuner was plugged into your fuel injector and throttle position sensor so yes all the connectors should be connected

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
make sure the intake tube hasn’t been changed.
The lexx only hooks to the fuel injector circuit and one ground.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I unhooked it and didnt make a difference. When its first started itl pull like a freight train first threw 5th after that it falls on its face

·
Super Moderator
9,859 Posts
I unhooked it and didnt make a difference. When its first started itl pull like a freight train first threw 5th after that it falls on its face
Ok!...
Make sure your battery is fully charged 12.8v standard...if it drops below 11.5v the EFI sensor's don't function properly...!!

Make sure there's a little slack in the throttle cable so the TB's butterfly closes completely to Idle position...!!

Any trouble starting when the motor is cold or hot...???

1)It could be a faulty water temp sensor...
2)Clogged fuel pump strainer...
3)Throttle position sensor voltage is out of range...

·
Super Moderator
9,859 Posts
Also noticed the fan will not kick on... Could a bad temp sensor be my whole issue?
Just noticed you posted at the same time...!!!
Yes...If the fan comes on with the key..then it's either a bad/faulty water temp sensor or the ECU lost it's negative ground...!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The fan will not kick on at all it gets hot and you can hear the coolant boiling. Yes lol posted at the same time . bike fires right up. New battery wire harness stator and starter

·
Super Moderator
9,859 Posts
The fan will not kick on at all it gets hot and you can hear the coolant boiling. Yes lol posted at the same time . bike fires right up. New battery wire harness stator and starter
Ok!

Yes you might have a faulty water temp sensor...A faulty water temp sensor will enrich your air/fuel mixture to the point of flooding your motor & cause your symptoms your having...!!

To test your fan...???
Unplug the water temp sensor & turn the key ON...The fan should turn ON..!!!
If no...Check the fans 10 amp fuse & relay...

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Forgive my stupidness lol but with the water temp sensor unplugged can I take it up the road to see if that was the issue?

·
Super Moderator
9,859 Posts
Forgive my stupidness lol but with the water temp sensor unplugged can I take it up the road to see if that was the issue?
Probably not ..unplugging the temp sensor will throw the DFI into error...might not start..

But you can test the water temp...see picture

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok so I'm messing with it now unplugged water temp sensor and fan did not kick on... Also noticed the jack wagon for whatever reason hard wired it into the brand new harness and when I turn the key and push off on button sometimes the pump turns on sometimes it dont.... And relay wont click so I'm assuming the fuel pump relay is garbage? Also the f.i light is on on the dash(red one furthest to the left) any more ideas lol

·
Super Moderator
9,859 Posts
Ok so I'm messing with it now unplugged water temp sensor and fan did not kick on... Also noticed the jack wagon for whatever reason hard wired it into the brand new harness and when I turn the key and push off on button sometimes the pump turns on sometimes it dont.... And relay wont click so I'm assuming the fuel pump relay is garbage? Also the f.i light is on on the dash(red one furthest to the left) any more ideas lol
Ok!

If the F.I light remains ON...there's a DFI error ...!!

It's probably error coding to 41 & 46 that's the fuel pump & fuel injector relay they both share..!

Check the self-diagnostic for other errors that might be present ...

See picture for the self diagnostic procedure...Find the orange wire & ground it to the frame..turn On the key...counting the blinking F.I light...

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you for all the help! Self diagnosing now. Didnt get any codes BUT it seems as though either the key or kill switch is messing up. New relay and it still throws its fit

·
Super Moderator
9,859 Posts
Does not even start now fuel pump wont kick on. Could this be my roll over sensor?
Yea test the vehicle down sensor's output voltage...see picture

Stick the meter leads or pins in the back of the electrical connector to get a reading...

Vehicle-down Sensor Output Voltage
Connections to Sensor Connector
Meter (+) → Y/G lead [D]
Meter (–) → BR/BK lead [E]

Output Voltage at Sensor
Standard: with sensor tilted 15 ∼ 35° or more right or
left: 0.4 ∼ 1.4 V
with sensor arrow mark pointed up: 3.7 ∼
4.4 V

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok... I feel like I'm getting somewhere now... The kill switch was corroded and I tore it apart and it fires right up now.... But sometimes I have to have the clutch in other times I dont.... But it fires right up now so thats a step in the right direction. Dust devil I took roll over sensor apart and did the glue mod to it also. Now my question is can someone please help me get this thing tuned in. I tried unplugging the lexx tuner and it runs like garbage and I have read and tried every setting on this site and I just cant seem to get it. My elevation is 920 ft above sea level fmf slip on and air box lid on. Only mods known to me but I can tell someone has been in the motor before . thank you so much for the help I'm ready to start pulling my hair out

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Also if anyone wants to text me to help me out your more then welcome to and I can send a video of what exactly is going on. 814 221 5859

1 - 20 of 29 Posts