KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I’m new to the group, I got a kfx that has a problem every time I start it, it goes to compression and then hesitates and then turns over, the engine will start when it’s cold but after I stop a couple of times and run the quad it gets worse and worse. The battery is working so hard every time to the point where it is dying to the point where I can’t start the quad after a couple of times turning it on and off. It will start with a jumper box but won’t pop start. I put a voltage meter onto the starter to see if it were getting the right amount of volts and it was going from 3-11 when I was starting it. I think it is the battery but I don’t understand why it won’t pop start. I heard it could also be my decompression real ease spring but I’m not to sure.

·
Super Moderator
10,049 Posts
Hey guys, I’m new to the group, I got a kfx that has a problem every time I start it, it goes to compression and then hesitates and then turns over, the engine will start when it’s cold but after I stop a couple of times and run the quad it gets worse and worse. The battery is working so hard every time to the point where it is dying to the point where I can’t start the quad after a couple of times turning it on and off. It will start with a jumper box but won’t pop start. I put a voltage meter onto the starter to see if it were getting the right amount of volts and it was going from 3-11 when I was starting it. I think it is the battery but I don’t understand why it won’t pop start. I heard it could also be my decompression real ease spring but I’m not to sure.
Make sure your battery is fully charged 12.8v standard...!!!

And check your decompression spring to be on the exhaust cam & make sure it's working properly...see pic

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Make sure your battery is fully charged 12.8v standard...!!!

And check your decompression spring to be on the exhaust cam & make sure it's working properly...see pic
Thankyou I’ll test the battery today to see if it’s putting out the right amount of volts if not I’ll then get a new battery. If that doesn’t help then I’ll go to the decompression spring.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I tightened the exhaust valve with the decompression cam to .20mm and that did the trick. Starts beautifully with the new oem starter too.
Look at this post that I had started. I had the same issues you were having. The post is titled "blew second starter?!" Blew second starter?!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts