KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Brown wire on the wiring schematic is power (wiring schematic)... since you have power, It might be for an accessory on the European model with the style of connector on the end of it..!

As for the crank sensor...see the 2 prong connector with Blue/yellow & white wire connecting into the red & yellow wire see picture below

You'll need to set the analog multimeter to 10v ac or lower & connect the meter's leads into the Blue/yellow (-) & white (+) wire and crank the motor & watch the needle bounce to the 2v or higher measurement on the meter...
Yes, I checked the crank sensor and I did see that the analog multimeter bounce when starting it. Just over 2v and about 1.4v at rest. Does that narrow it down to the ECU?

·
Super Moderator
9,699 Posts
Yes, I checked the crank sensor and I did see that the analog multimeter bounce when starting it. Just over 2v and about 1.4v at rest. Does that narrow it down to the ECU?
Yes it's probably a bad ECU.. I re-read all the posting & this is all you said about the testing of the vehicle down's output voltage...Your quote.."It took me a few days but checked all of this and readings are normal. So it is not the Vehicle Down Sensor... I guess"

Did you test it & what was the voltage reading...??? Is the voltage in the range 3.7~4.4 DCV...???

A new ECU around $400.00 & a vehicle down sensor is around $90.00..

Attachments

21 - 22 of 22 Posts