KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2008 kfx 450r efi and I seem to be having some problems with bogging, and lack of power. When I run the quad it will run fine but sometimes when I restart the quad the f.i or overheating light by the bars will randomly turn on and the quad will bog, sputter, stall out, and not want to run at all even though the engine is not overheating and the fan is in working condition on the RAD. Then if I restart the quad and the light is gone it will run fine without any problems. When the quad idles it idles at its normal rmp but will start revving higher or lower without touching the throttle :confused: . Do you think this is an fuel injection problem or a cdi board problem? I can pick up a new carb with fuel injector and a new cdi for around $200 just wanting someones opinion.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Yes. Stop when the light is on and run a diagnostic as shown into the service manual. That willtell you what is wrong.

As far as the high piglets the only other simple physical thing outside the.efi that will cause that is an intake leak. When it happened to me my throttle body had came of of the boots.

·
Super Moderator
9,901 Posts
Welcome to the Forum...!!

Check for air leaks around the throttle body clamp and air pressure vacuum hose for cracks...!!!

+1 Duster. run a diagnostic on the DFI system and make sure your battery is fully charged...orange wire found inside a black bag..see pics

also check if the vehicle down sensor is in its bracket, found under hood. centered between the fender brackets...

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
+1 on checking your battery, mine had the same symptoms and turned out to be my battery crapping out on me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts