KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to keep my fender extensions from coming loose. I have tried loctite and a few other thread lockers but after every few rides, I am missing a few bolts/nuts that hold the fenders on. I have had this issue since the first week I bought the quad in 07.

Just wondering what everyone is doing to keep their outer fenders on.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Nylon didn't work for me. What I found best is I only run the bottom two by the foot pegs and then the very last one. Ran all season like that no problem

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Nylock nut replacement for the fender brace one... none in the bottom hole on the rears.

I try to check them every race and I hold the rubber on the well nut to keep it from spinning so it actually gets tight. Never lost many.

Little bit of black gasket stuff is what I would use if it was a problem. I use the high temp stuff to keep the header nuts on and it works great... better than thread locker in holding and easier to remove later.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I have never lost any except the back one that goes threw the fender brace but i put nylon locking nuts on and have never lost any more. I even took the rivets out of my front extensions and put those little rubber inserts in the front too and never lost any of them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts