KFX 450 HQ Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an issue with my quad where it won't start at all when it's cold, I used abit of easy start into the air pipe and starts fine. Leave it for about 20 minutes running to let the engine get warm and then switched it off. Turning back on instantly with ease. I then come back the within an hour and again won't start, just keeps ticking over until you can hear the battery almost dying. Try abit of easy start and fires up straight away. I've cleaned the fuel injector and I saw some almost plastic shreds inside the top part, checked roll over position and all is well, cleaned the air filter. Checked battery and seems to be fine! Anyone else had this issue? Weird how it only starts when the engine is warm? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
10,258 Posts
Got an issue with my quad where it won't start at all when it's cold, I used abit of easy start into the air pipe and starts fine. Leave it for about 20 minutes running to let the engine get warm and then switched it off. Turning back on instantly with ease. I then come back the within an hour and again won't start, just keeps ticking over until you can hear the battery almost dying. Try abit of easy start and fires up straight away. I've cleaned the fuel injector and I saw some almost plastic shreds inside the top part, checked roll over position and all is well, cleaned the air filter. Checked battery and seems to be fine! Anyone else had this issue? Weird how it only starts when the engine is warm? Thanks
Welcome to the Forum...!

Make sure the battery is fully charged 12.8v standard.

Pull the Idle knob/choke out to start cold & is pushed in when motor is warm...

Make sure the idle is around 1800 RPMs.

Check the spark plug gap...!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the Forum...!

Make sure the battery is fully charged 12.8v standard.

Pull the Idle knob/choke out to start cold & is pushed in when motor is warm...

Make sure the idle is around 1800 RPMs.

Check the spark plug gap...!
Hello there! Thank you for the help, battery seems to be be fine, haven't checked spark plug yet but surely it wouldn't start again once its warm if the spark plug was bad?? Pulled the choke/idle knob out and still didn't work, I can't understand why it starts fine after I've been running it for like 10 minutes?
Thanks a lot!

Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts