KFX 450 HQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a 2010 Kawasaki Kfx 450r I bought from Hetrick in 2011. It had a brand new from the ground up motor when purchased. Since then I have only put 3 hours on the atv. Below are most of the mods. I'm sure I'm forgetting some. I'm not open to any trades so don't waste my time, and I won't waste yours. I also still have the plastics from when I bought it from Hetrick.

This bike has nothing but the best parts and parts that you cannot even buy. Nothing was left untouched, and believe me Hetrick builds one strong motor.

email me at mxrider38(at)me.com for more info

Motor:
-port/polished head
-decked head of higher compression
-high compression piston 12.8:1
-cams
-balanced crank with carillo rod
-transmission has been tumbled and reverse removed
-full Hinson clutch basket (inner hub, basket and clutch cover)
-bored throttle body
-STI fuel injector
-computer from Kawasaki that cannot be purchased by the general public
-motoworks exhaust
-fuel intake
-Intenze radiator and oil cooler
-CV4 radiator hoses

Suspension & Steering:
-JB racing a-arms
-JB Racing swing arm
-JB racing steering stem
-Elka system 5 from and rear shocks
-Precision handle bar mounts
-Precision pro steering stabilizer
-stainless braided brake lines front/rear
-TAG handlebars
-DWT wheels
-Lonestar Axle
-BRAKING front master cylinder
-Pro Circuit clutch perch
-Lonestar front and rear hubs

Body & Frame:
-Rath racing nerd bars
-Rath racing front bumper
-Rath racing grab bar
-Quad Tech hump seat
-carbon fiber skid plate

·
Registered
462 Posts
Why the heck do they remove reverse lol

·
Registered
3,612 Posts

because it saves a couple ounces. about half as much weight as the mud that gets stuck in the foot peg of your left nerf bar.:werd:

·
Registered
462 Posts

because it saves a couple ounces. about half as much weight as the mud that gets stuck in the foot peg of your left nerf bar.:werd:
Lol! That's definetly overkill. It's half the reason I even got the kawi. It dang sure wont be the reason you win anything...

·
Registered
149 Posts
how much do you want for it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry forgot the price. $9000obo

You can get a little more hp by putting a 13.5:1 compression piston in it. When Rich (Hetrick) rebuilt the motor before they sold it to me he backed it down for some reliability.

·
Registered
12,067 Posts
Truely beautiful quad.

I hope Rath will hook me up better next year. I want some of those nerfs or the DG nerfs.
I just wonder if the rath ones are 48" or less wide? 46" would be even better.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Scott. Those are current. I took them over the winter but I haven't ridden or raced the quad since the ATV national at budds creek last year. It's been to the mailbox and back a few times but that's about it. I have two little ones and a house. So I just haven't had time for it. Rather than let it sit any longer I might as well put it into someone's hands that will get to use it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
so what is the part or parts that can't be bought by the public? I'm confused on that?

The ecu, its the hard to get kawi race one.

·
Registered
795 Posts
hard to get? I've got one so does probably 50% of the posters. they are or were 50$ on eBay forever. you could always buy one at the dealer from day one. now the actual cabels and things that allow you to use it is extremely expensive. so expensive that 99.9% of the people with one of these ecu 's only use it as a replacement ecu because of the battery drain issue some of the factory units had. as matter of fact Hetrick used it like everybody else does just a real good replacement ecu. they used pim 2 for fuel control. the kawi race ecu didn't allow enough adjustment for Mega builds. not throwing off on the quad as it is one of the top 2 quads I've saw on this forum. when I saw special part that we couldn't get I was very interested. I was thinking flywheel some type of coil internals ext.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts