KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran the IXCR Sunday. Turned out to be a good day even though it didn't start that way. Forgot about the time change and was pushing it to make it in time.

Bike got me into the woods fourth. Took about a half a lap to work into first. Pushed fairly hard the rest if that lap. Lap two was uneventfull. Putting in miles trying not to get overheated, that part wasn't working out well. However, at the end of the lap the rain starting falling. Making everything nice and slick and I was loving it. Made my one mistake on lap three trying to get around a bottleneck. Cost me about a minute and a half plus the lead. Rain fell for all of lap three and most of four. Was cooled off and went back to charging. Lap five went by without incident as the track dried and tacked up. Lap six the track was awesome, but my charge to the leader was marred by lappers. Just caught them in the worst places. Ended up losing time that lap. Still can't complain with 2nd in vet b and 14th out of 130.

Not completely happy with the suspension yet. Made some changes to the way I ride and the front is much better but still on the stiff side on the small chatter bumps. Between being overall stiff and my back not fully conditioned yet the rear is holding me back. Those problems compound themselves aswell. Gonna try somethings at the MAXC next weekend and keep pounding laps in the pool. Glad the rider you guys seen at Steele Creek is gone. That was just plain embarassing.

Got some helmet cam of lap 1 and 2. If figure out how will post on youtube.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I think almost every race in the eastern half of the US has been effected by rain this year. Its unreal. I'm unlike most because I prefer dry and dusty ten times more than wet and muddy.

Looking forward to the video. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts