KFX 450 HQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it nessasary to re-map after removing the air box lid and baffle?? I am still waiting on my new green 450 to show but plan on doing both right away along with itp rims and tires. On my fuel injected ninja I installed a k&n filter and a slip-on exhaust and never had to re-map. So is it an absoulte must to re-map or is that just to get optimum performance? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The only thing i could see it would affect would be starting, but that i don't know for sure.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Is it nessasary to re-map after removing the air box lid and baffle?? I am still waiting on my new green 450 to show but plan on doing both right away along with itp rims and tires. On my fuel injected ninja I installed a k&n filter and a slip-on exhaust and never had to re-map. So is it an absoulte must to re-map or is that just to get optimum performance? Thanks in advance.[/b]
I would say yes because you will be running dangerously lean. Not sure but I think a Ninja is a closed loop system where the KFX and LT-R are open loop systems.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
I am ALMOST SURE ..... you will need Power Commander or some kind of EFI controller to remove the baffle and air box lid. I will know forsure very soon. If a Power commander is needed i will have maps available on my website to download onto the power commander.

FUELATV

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
I just got off the phone with Dasa. I will have dyno runs around the end of next week. I will have a stock run and a run with no air box lid, no baffle and a PC. I am 99.9% sure you will need a PC with the lid off and baffle out. I will have a map for the PC for the lid off and baffle out on my website. The power commander retails for $339.99. I sell it for $300.00. Dasa pipes are 3 - 4 weeks out. They will be 99 Db and the HP will be right inline with the other Dasa pipes.

FUELATV

·
Registered
81 Posts
i'm guessing the dasa pipe will be close to the same price as the other dasa pipes.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
I am sure retail will be $499.99 like the others, but my price will be MUCH, MUCH less. I will start a group PRE ORDER buy very soon. This will be a ONE TIME VERY LOW PRICE for those who would like to pre order one a Dasa pipe.

FUELATV

·
Registered
588 Posts
I am sure retail will be $499.99 like the others, but my price will be MUCH, MUCH less. I will start a group PRE ORDER buy very soon. This will be a ONE TIME VERY LOW PRICE for those who would like to pre order one a Dasa pipe.
FUELATV[/b]
99 db sounds very good for the power DASA produces. Can we have Junkie Fiber can too??? :huh: :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
FUELATV[/b]
After i pick up my kfx within a few weeks i will be interested in this deal.i also noticed you have long travel suspension kits available for pre-order. How much are the suspension kits pre ordered?

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
The Long Travel a-arms are $750.00 shipped. These a-arms are full 4130 chromoly, Max clearance,castor adjustable, camber adjustable and come powdercoated black. This will include ball joints and new tie rods. Once the kit is installed the bike will be 50 inches wide. Here is my long travel kit on an LTR450 .......

fuelatv

·
Registered
588 Posts
Steve that looks SIK. Are those I-Shocks? What kind of travel do you expect? Now will you have a-arms for the GNCC or recreational rider and what kind of travel do you expect for that?

-Bill

·
Registered
81 Posts
whats the dimensions/price for the long travel xc a arms. Also is it necessary to buy an axle if i buy the xc kit?

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
XC a-arms will be +.5 wider per side. I dont have the wheel travel yet. It will be about 11.85 or so. I will have exact numbers in a few weeks. The stock axle should be fine as long as it holds up.

FUELATV

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sounds good i appreciate it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.