KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm guilty of jacking prityboys rant thread so I thought it made sense to start GNCC Ironman thread. It will be my first Gncc so I can use a lot of pointers. Tried to go to an AXC race in Arkansas to figure out if I will need gas for a 2 hour event. Blew my motor on the second lap, so I still don't know. I have an IMS tank and a stock motor with just a slip-on.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I can tell you this, sprinting to your pit a full mile in full gear is no fun because you thought you could make it on gas. I can't speak about IMS tanks but ill most likely always stop from here on out. It's well worth the extra few seconds lost in my opinion... Haha

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Yes with a stock intake you may still have to pit.

Who from NC is going that would not mind to give me a lift up there?
I am thinking about going up to spectate if my wife doesn't end up with work scheduled that weekend.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
You will need to pit during the Ironman. I have to pit even with an IMS tank due to the fact that the race is 2hrs long for the winner. It will be about 2 and half to 2:45 minutes for me in the afternoon. The Ironman has one of the biggest turn outs for the GNCC series. I know there will be a bunch of folks going from the Mideast series and a few from on here. I can give you my phone number and maybe we can all do a meet and greet on Friday. I also know a few folks that run the IXCR series that this is there home GNCC that will be helping out in the pit area.

Look FWD to seeing you all there. Also Chris from ZBROZ will be there along with COLT from Fasst Co. Both really cool guys who love to meet their customers.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I will be making it there and trying to race it if everything falls into place. There are some of the NC MEHS guys that mentioned coming up on the FB page and you tested with one a few weeks ago. VGR will also be coming and not sure who all out of this crew will be coming. I plan on being in Thursday night / Fri AM. We defiantly need to get together Friday even if its to help work on a bike to get someone ready preferably mine lol :). I have a room Fri/ Sat night there may only be floor room open if someone needs a place to crash or shower.

·
Registered
183 Posts
If your running the morning you can make the whole race on 1 tank. Dont forget the afternoon is a couple miles longer per lap. But iIf you have to stop for anything else you might as well get gas.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If your running the morning you can make the whole race on 1 tank. Dont forget the afternoon is a couple miles longer per lap. But iIf you have to stop for anything else you might as well get gas.
The morning race is still 2 hrs, right?
I guess I'm running morning. How do I tell what order the morning classes start in? What really stuck out to me when I watched the helmet cam video was the TRAFFIC! I don't want to be stuck in traffic the whole race.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Your going to be in traffic through the race, but there are alternate lines at the ironman. IT is one of the biggest turnouts. But I will say, sometime traffic can be fun to cut and dice through. If they split up sportsman A and B, I will then running morning Sportsman A.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I'm going too. I'll be in 40+C. Wayyyyyy in the back of the starting line-up. I'm sure ill be slicing and dicing traffic all day, but passing people no matter if their your class or not is half the fun. I tell myself that they started on the first row and that I'm super awesome. Makes me feel better about myself. And when I suck and finish poorly I can blame it on traffic. Win/win. LOL.

Youre more than welcome to come with us Duster. We plan on leaving Thursday and coming back Sunday. We are staying in RV at a buddies house about 1/2 mile from the track.

·
Registered
361 Posts
i'm pretty local to it, i'll be there forsure!!

and just to add... in the locals i run, if i run for a full 2 hours elapsed time, my IMS is full to the top of the fuel pump generally..

·
Registered
183 Posts
My bike sucks down fuel. I cant make a whole race anymore on 1 tank. If you were talking to me about racing I will be @ ohio. Ive barely rode @ all this year And havent decided what class im running. Anyone else going to ohio,Besides HammerDown?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Will be at ironman. Not for sure what bike ill be on.

Maybe able to hook you up with a ride Duster, so be prepared to bring your gear.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i'm pretty local to it, i'll be there forsure!!

and just to add... in the locals i run, if i run for a full 2 hours elapsed time, my IMS is full to the top of the fuel pump generally..
Can you recommend and inexpensive place for me to stay?

Sounds like if I end up running the morning event I should be good. I probably should have a backup plan in case I just miss the checkered flag.

I think I will try to hit a 2-hour race in Arkansas before I come up so I can find out if my bike is a gas hog or gas miser.

·
Registered
361 Posts
mr big wheel is it just you or are you bringing a pack with ya?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mr big wheel is it just you or are you bringing a pack with ya?
Might also be my wife too. Not sure if she can get away or not.
If I could get a group together to split the gas up I have a toy hauler I can borrow. If it is just me then it will cost more to pull it up than a room would cost. Advantage would be not worrying about the bike getting stolen or vandalized in the motel parking lot.

·
Registered
361 Posts
we have plenty of couch/lazyboy/floor space if you want to stay here, we're 45 mins straight east from the track

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
we have plenty of couch/lazyboy/floor space if you want to stay here, we're 45 mins straight east from the track
That is really a nice generous offer. If the wife can't come, I'll take you up on that offer! Thanks
If she can come I probably should spring for a nice room.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Nicely, I will get with you and see what kind of route you are taking to see if I can work out getting to a spot to jump on board.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts