KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
imo the trinity wont be a great thing imo, their work is nice, but nothign great imo. Fuel's intake made a tremendous of power on the ltr, and i wouldnt expect anything less on the kfx

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I might be wrong but isnt that deal on jokersracing just a new filter not and actual intake?

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
I might be wrong but isnt that deal on jokersracing just a new filter not and actual intake?[/b]

Most systems on the market are really just a new filter and an adapter. A couple of exceptions are the Ron Woods intake and ESR. So, most retain the restrictive properties of the stock intake tube.

The fuel customs Intake however will address the restrictive intake tube and supply you the customer with a new filter and intake tube designed to produce the most possible HP and unmatched throttle response.

Look for these intake for the KFX in the next couple months. The FCI for the YFZ has been proven and has become the intake of choice.

PDR

·
Registered
532 Posts
Most systems on the market are really just a new filter and an adapter. A couple of exceptions are the Ron Woods intake and ESR. So, most retain the restrictive properties of the stock intake tube.

The fuel customs Intake however will address the restrictive intake tube and supply you the customer with a new filter and intake tube designed to produce the most possible HP and unmatched throttle response.

Look for these intake for the KFX in the next couple months. The FCI for the YFZ has been proven and has become the intake of choice.

PDR[/b]
what about those of us that can not run an open filter system (mud, water), a clamp on filter like the trinity system with the lid off is our only choice?

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
I am pretty sure not many companys have or will do the testing that needs to be done and if they have it is tuff to get the CORRECT info. The stock air box is very large. I think you may be able to get a big enough filter in the stock air box without having to remove the whole air box. Now is the intake tube restricting flow? I know fuel customs stuff works on the YFZ. We will see how it does on the KFX. One big problem with designing a new intake tube is that it is developed for specific mods. So if you go with other mods the intake can work worse then stock. I have seen just that happen on a TRX450 with a fuel customs intake. The intake made power on a pipe with just a pipe and cam, but once porting was done the aftermarket intake made LESS HP then the stock intake. Can more HP be made by romoving the box, or adding a larger filter or will you need a new intake tube? Nobody know yet. I will test all these combos and post the resualts. It will take some time, so if you can wait then you will get some solid info. If you have to have it now then you can take your chances. I rushed out and bought the trinity intake for the LTR450 and it did not make any more HP then stock.

FUELATV

·
Registered
588 Posts
I am pretty sure not many companys have or will do the testing that needs to be done and if they have it is tuff to get the CORRECT info. The stock air box is very large. I think you may be able to get a big enough filter in the stock air box without having to remove the whole air box. Now is the intake tube restricting flow? I know fuel customs stuff works on the YFZ. We will see how it does on the KFX. One big problem with designing a new intake tube is that it is developed for specific mods. So if you go with other mods the intake can work worse then stock. I have seen just that happen on a TRX450 with a fuel customs intake. The intake made power on a pipe with just a pipe and cam, but once porting was done the aftermarket intake made LESS HP then the stock intake. Can more HP be made by romoving the box, or adding a larger filter or will you need a new intake tube? Nobody know yet. I will test all these combos and post the resualts. It will take some time, so if you can wait then you will get some solid info. If you have to have it now then you can take your chances. I rushed out and bought the trinity intake for the LTR450 and it did not make any more HP then stock.

FUELATV[/b]
Very well said...

·
Registered
469 Posts
imo the fuel and the ron woods woeuld be the onlyway to go right now. my only problem is that the open airbox would be an issue with the mud and debris

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
The fuel customs intakes are designed to run with or with out the airbox on the previous designs. I dont see why this would be any different.

The intake tract is very sensitive. The same intake will not work "best" on every set-up, this has been proven. Garret at Fuel Customs knows this. They are finalizing production on an intake for the YFZ that is ADJUSTABLE. This would allow the customer to adjust teh intake to make power where he/she wants to. The longer the intake, the more top end. The shorter, the more bottom end. That is a simplified way of looking at it, but you get the jist.

The KFX intake tube is hands down the worst of all the 450's. It is corked up. Time will tell if the FCI will be a leader or follower.

PDR

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got off the phone with Fuel Customs. There intake will be adjustable in length and in taper. Do to the many mods that can overall effect your intake performance. They are designing it with a certain pipe in mind so it might be a pipe and intake combo.Stay tuned! They said it should be done this summer probably around July. It should work wioth the box and with out just like the other intakes they have on the market. According to them they are going to test everything on a bonestock KFX and then a fully modified one. So theyu can give the customer a basleine where to start with the mods they have.

Next week they will have a airbox eliminator kit for the kawi 400 and ltz. Ithink they are taking pre orders......

1 - 20 of 27 Posts