KFX 450 HQ Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im stuck between whether I should get standard travel a arms +2 that go with my shocks or long travel a arms with long travel shocks. can you really feel a big difference when riding?

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Depends if you get your stock shocks set up for you or not. And really comes down to what kind of budget you are on. You can find some pretty good deals on lt setups though if your patient.

Some companys claim they can get the stockers to perform almost if not as good as lt aftermarket shocks. Alot comes down to the shock builder as well.

If you compared your current stock shocks to a aftermarket lt setup hands down the aftermarket lt shocks will be better.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts
Ya I agree it's all about $$$$$$ how much will you and can you spend!if you have 2-3k than after market is the way to go long travel is a big difference over stock travel but even staying with an aftermarket standard travel shock will be a huge difference as well!the stock travel plus 2 a arms with stock shocks will most likely feel alot better than the stock setup so if budget is key I'd go that route and you can always revalve/resprung your stockers or replace them all together!also new isn't the olny option used a arms and shocks can save you thousands sometimes!worth looking into!either way suspension is money well spent once you do it you'll never go back to stock again!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya I agree it's all about $$$$$$ how much will you and can you spend!if you have 2-3k than after market is the way to go long travel is a big difference over stock travel but even staying with an aftermarket standard travel shock will be a huge difference as well!the stock travel plus 2 a arms with stock shocks will most likely feel alot better than the stock setup so if budget is key I'd go that route and you can always revalve/resprung your stockers or replace them all together!also new isn't the olny option used a arms and shocks can save you thousands sometimes!worth looking into!either way suspension is money well spent once you do it you'll never go back to stock again!
What about "JD performance Standard Travel A-Arms +3"? i was looking at them because of their width and price. you can get them for about 500 at JD Performance Standard Travel A-Arms. they let you choose between +1, +2, +3

·
Registered
595 Posts
Save ur money for a lt setup it will b worth the wait I promise

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
k thanks. i you ever see anything new or used at a good price could you send me a message?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what kind of a arms and shocks are good? i dont want to get anything shitty

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
There is always something used out there for decent prices....we will keep our eye out. I take it you ride MX seeing you want to widen the bike?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes. i mean im fine drifting i just have to lean a lot. i hopped on my friends yfz that he has long travel a arms on +3 and i dont feel like i will tip at all. i just think it is worth spending the money if it will make me safer and more comfortable

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
what kind of a arms and shocks are good? i dont want to get anything shitty
Start searching through the forum under suspension. This topic has been covered several times. Keep an eye out in the for sale section on here, atvriders, quadzone, kfx450central, ebay, etc.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
yes. i mean im fine drifting i just have to lean a lot. i hopped on my friends yfz that he has long travel a arms on +3 and i dont feel like i will tip at all. i just think it is worth spending the money if it will make me safer and more comfortable
Well thats just because he has a wider stance than you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts